Minelab detector service and customer service

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G,day All ,Spoke with Minelab this morning about a few unknown values with the digital side of My machine ,after explaining My predicament to the tech services person He wanted My number as He couldn't give Me an answer <<< 2hrs later one of the head developement people rang Me back to offer assistance ,,,,,,I have talked to Minelab on several occasions and found them to be only too helpfull,, Has anyone else talked to them ????

L/R

I took a tumble(5m drop) years ago with my GP Extreme. It still worked fine at the time but it soon developed a rattle and was noisy from the cable connection being a bit loose. I gave minelab a ring and had a chat to them about the problems. They said send it to them and they'd take a look. A week later I got a call from them to explain what they found and what they did to fix it. The charge was was only a few bucks plus postage, I was pleasantly surprised. When I got it back it ran so much better then it ever had. In the end I was out detecting my mates who had 3500's and a 4000. Perhaps it was more to do with the operator :p I wish I'd have kept it for a backup machine :/ The minelab staff were very friendly and most willing to help! A rare service in this country.

Have talked to them quite a bit over the years and a more professional bunch of guys is hard to find. Their technical side is always helpful, and i guess that's why they're so successful.

Cheers Wal, :)

I'm full of questions today :)

I have had my GP3500 for a couple of months now and have been wondering if it needs a service, the block before bought a new battery for it but didnt have it tuned or anything for the time he had owned it (think he said a couple of years).
Is this like an annual thing everyone does?
how do you know if it needs a service?
How will I know if its running better if i do service it?
how do you live with out it whilst its away? :D

Thanks
Rod

I have sent my SD2200D down to Minelab for a check up. Don't really know if it needs it or not as it seems to be operating ok but I have nothing to compare it with so sent it down more for peace of mind that it is @ 100%.
Minelab check the alignment to ensure it is running at the latest/best specs for that model. Cost quoted was $77 for the service & $15 return postage. All up $92, IMO, to make sure your machine is running as it should is nothing compared to what we spend on other gear. Have heard that they are really quick with turnaround so I am hoping this is correct - miss the old girl already 8.( :lol:
Have to get the GMT out for a swing in the meantime & that doesn't phase me. Like using it too.

mbasko said:
I have sent my SD2200D down to Minelab for a check up. Don't really know if it needs it or not as it seems to be operating ok but I have nothing to compare it with so sent it down more for peace of mind that it is @ 100%.
Minelab check the alignment to ensure it is running at the latest/best specs for that model. Cost quoted was $77 for the service & $15 return postage. All up $92, IMO, to make sure your machine is running as it should is nothing compared to what we spend on other gear. Have heard that they are really quick with turnaround so I am hoping this is correct - miss the old girl already 8.( :lol:
Have to get the GMT out for a swing in the meantime & that doesn't phase me. Like using it too.

Sounds like a good idea, just cant part with mine yet :/
let me know how long it takes to get yours back, that will be interesting

gday guys, I have a sd2200d that I recently bought and love it, after reading a post on here about another member getting a service done I am wondering how I go about it and how long it takes. I am heading down to dunnoly in a few weeks and I am wondering where the service centre is. appreciate the help
pirateandy

Email them at [email protected] they are really quick and generally reply straight away. I mailed them yesterday about fixing my 5000 case the copped a failed 90 series prado mod :D

3c1158605ca355cfb6d2d91516559455.jpg

Quoted me $140 to fix the box and give it a check over, pretty good I reckon.

DD

Think I may be bearer of bad news here. I don't believe Minelab are servicing the Sd Range anymore.
However I believe there are many places that will still service these such as Bendigo gold, Woody at detector mods & many others. This also now means that it shouldn't matter whether the machine is moded or not, and will in my opinion mean it should no longer affect value.

Just got my SD2200D checked by Minelab and is now humming along nicely.

If yours is an early model & it requires all of the Engineering changes that were made over the production range , can be up to $150.

Mine took about 3 weeks, they give warranty items priority.

There are way too many 2200's out there worldwide for them to abandon them.

The SD2200D is still being serviced. The only SD series that has been made obsolete is the SD2000.
http://www.minelab.com/aus/customer-care-1/obsolete
They will eventually make the SD2100 obsolete next then the 2200 as parts run out. Good idea to get done now. Sent mine last year (have now sold it) & it took about 2 weeks. Cost about $200 including postage.
They have really good service & the technician even gave me a call to run through what was done.

Brother has a sd2100 he was told by shop that minelab don't service anymore. I think he might need to look into a bit more.

Give this bloke a yell Dave

Kevin Clarke
Consumer Service Supervisor
Minelab Electronics | 118 Hayward Avenue, Torrensville, SA 5031
T: +61 8 8238 0845 | F: +61 8 8238 0890 | E
Kevin.Clarke AT minelab.com.au

Diggerdude said:
Email them at [email protected] they are really quick and generally reply straight away. I mailed them yesterday about fixing my 5000 case the copped a failed 90 series prado mod :D

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g423/diggerdude1/3c1158605ca355cfb6d2d91516559455.jpg

Quoted me $140 to fix the box and give it a check over, pretty good I reckon.

DD

Was that a case of the old " lean a detector up against the vehicle trick while someone forgets its there and drives away"

?

8.(

You must have tested it already and found it still has a pulse ?

"Yay says collective we"

I did that about twelve months ago at Tuena, the detector still works fine, I have found many oz's with it since them.
lucky I didn't run over two of them actually , I had another one sitting right next to it lol.

DD

pirateandy you say $200 for upgrades? dose this mean that minelab will mod there own detectors? it would be good if they did as it seems people out there do the mods, void any warranty or repair to the detector and i have seen prices range from $275 up to $1275 (detectormods.com.au) for mods to a GP3500,might be a good mod to have done but all of which leave your minelab worthless in the event of an issue.

Latest posts