Metal detecting sandals

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
richo966 said:
looks like prison tracking device :)
Ha ha. I thought the same too. I read it and it has a 2 " depth scan range. Would have more luck dragging a steel rake and seeing what it scoops

BSellin said:
[
Ha ha. I thought the same too. I read it and it has a 2 " depth scan range. Would have more luck dragging a steel rake and seeing what it scoops

It says 2', I think. That's two feet not two inches... I'd be skeptical...

The next rangertell?
It's obviously only 1 sandle that "detects" otherwise there would be a control box for both legs

EDIT: that greenhead website is addictive lol where did my last hour just go :rolleyes:

Youd look pretty funny walking down the beach and swinging your leg back and forth in front of you every second step , do you use the other thong as the digger/spade ? maybe they should build a metal insert into the other thong so you do have the complete kit .

Redfin said:
Hey Loamer, are you as bored as I am?

Yes mate - I broke the fifth metacarpal in my right hand (again) - sparring, cheap arse sparring gloves were the issue. Broke it boxing years ago and if on a bag or speed ball the wrong way - bam. Best thing is, only have a half cast on it - wraps around the bottom of your hand and strapped across the top so you can take it off for a shower etc. Mind you, I am getting in some good map research. Walking through the scrub is fine but no detecting. Spotted and plotted some great slate, ironstone, quartz small ridges.

loamer said:
Redfin said:

Yes mate - I broke the fifth metacarpal in my right hand (again) - sparring, cheap arse sparring gloves were the issue. Broke it boxing years ago and if on a bag or speed ball the wrong way - bam. Best thing is, only have a half cast on it - wraps around the bottom of your hand and strapped across the top so you can take it off for a shower etc. Mind you, I am getting in some good map research. Walking through the scrub is fine but no detecting. Spotted and plotted some great slate, ironstone, quartz small ridges.

I faired a little better....

Few weeks ago had a serious argument with a Stanley knife. Sliced a 25mm cut, from near the tip, to past the first joint of the palm side of my right index finger.
I'd just changed the blade, so nice and sharp, went straight down to bone. At least the blade was clean and not rusty.

The plastic surgeon said before he put me under, that if I woke up with my hand at 90deg, in a plaster cast then I'd buggered the Tendon and he had done a repair job and it would be 12 weeks before the cast came off. If I woke up with only a bandage, then it was just a deep cut and I'd missed the Tendon and the stitches would come out after a week.

I woke up with a bandage and 6 stitches, so the trip I have planned for 4 weeks time is still on.

Gotta be lucky sometimes, but I feel for you Loamer. My last thought before the anaesthetic took hold, was if I'd still get to do the trip.......

loamer said:
Redfin said:

Get the dr to mold a pick into the cast next time. Should make life a bit easier. Just stay away from airports ;)

loamer said:
Redfin said:

I am not allowed to lift anything, no twisting, bending and no driving for 6 weeks.
I have to tilt my head to drink a Crownie, but I manage.
Research time for me as well.

a couple of selfies of my neck

1427522983_20150328_100715.jpg

1427523005_20150328_100722.jpg

Farout Redfin, serious hardware there, nasty. What's happened to all of us?? Seems we're all at home suffering and dreaming of the next trip and nugget. Will be a few weeks till I can get out again also.

Must have been the 2 Friday the 13th's this month and last month.

Everyone get better soon and look after yourselves.

Latest posts