Member location info

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You login ... take a look at new Topics, one catches your eye, so you go and start reading it... The writer says something like.. "At my local beach your not allowed to detect because the council yudda yudda yudda" ... you think thats interesting, so you glance at their AV to see where they are from whilst wondering if the information pertains to you, and what do you find...just a name, date of joining and the number of posts they have forwarded.. so you are left to ask the question

Q ... What State are you in ?

A ... Qld

R ... OK ..Thanx

It would make the interpretation and relevance of some posts much simpler if people added their state under their AV
No one is asking that a member provides their home address or that they state where they found their new patch ... e.g. I found my 23 grammer about fifteen metres north of Chinamens dam on Tekki Track just outside of Inglewood, or GPS .. 19 26' 49.9920 Latitude
127 31' 23.1205 Longitude .

Some people will always be a bit coy when it comes to locations, that's life unfortunately, but it certainly does help to put things in perspective when you attach a general locality to your finds. As mentioned, it doesn't require absolute specifics, but makes for better reading, especially for older coins and relics (historical context). :)

Im a bit "coy" about it cos ive been burnt more than once, nothing worse than thinking your helping someone out and finding 4-5 of his/her mates helping themselves out at the same time, and your favorite detecting/washing spot ends up a looking like the local market on a sunday, happy to share information with fellow forum members, within reason, like to keep some spots and ideas under the belt for other reasons, the GPS co-ordinates are the real deal, one of the NUGGETS i gave away in "Guess the weight comp" came from that very spot, well, within 10 or so meters.
The day i start spruking off about all my gold "(very little) locations and hunting grounds, is the day i see the forum, with more members than visitors, until then i wont bum steer, and any good locations will be kept to myself and for visiting forum members :)

Surely it can't be that much of a drama that someone has not told you where they are :rolleyes: If your really interested in where they are talkin about.......Just ask them.

I list where I am but it is surely not where I am necessarily prospecting so what benefit is it? It is the world wide web and many people would rather keep their location as well as their real identity to themselves.

creekbed

Planet Earth, I believe. That is where everything is being found at the moment.(somewhere or other). How's that for close to the mark of nowhere near it at all. All in jest of coarse.

silver said:
Planet Earth, I believe. That is where everything is being found at the moment.(somewhere or other). How's that for close to the mark of nowhere near it at all. All in jest of coarse.

I'M not from there, just visiting. :p

Aint we all.
slipped disc said:
silver said:

I'M not from there, just visiting. :p

dwt said:
Im a bit "coy" about it cos ive been burnt more than once, nothing worse than thinking your helping someone out and finding 4-5 of his/her mates helping themselves out at the same time, and your favorite detecting/washing spot ends up a looking like the local market on a sunday, happy to share information with fellow forum members, within reason, like to keep some spots and ideas under the belt for other reasons, the GPS co-ordinates are the real deal, one of the NUGGETS i gave away in "Guess the weight comp" came from that very spot, well, within 10 or so meters.
The day i start spruking off about all my gold "(very little) locations and hunting grounds, is the day i see the forum, with more members than visitors, until then i wont bum steer, and any good locations will be kept to myself and for visiting forum members :)

Yep, I agree with you there mate, I've had it as well. Claim jumpers used to be beaten, tarred, feathered and chased off the field. It's still no different today IMO when it comes to dodgyness and plain simply arrogance. The first bloke I met at a creek with a sluice taught me quite a fair bit, got me into a gold club, and lots of info about Au in general. He showed me a great spot he found with good color, my problem was, I had showed a 'friend' this spot so he knew what good gold looked like, and bugger me, the next day when we organized to go for a dig elsewhere, he was 'busy'.. Bet you can't guess where he was that day :rolleyes:

The members location has been a great geography lesson as I've not heard of many of these localities & find it interesting. Thought there was only one Coolengtta.

I live in Mount Evelyn Victoria which is 1hr east of Melbourne if you've got a fast car

Latest posts