Long weekend gold hunt in Vic

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1457947809_img_20160314_195939.jpg
1457947474_img_20160314_195352.jpg
Hi all. I had a pretty slow start with the SDC, detecting all day for about 40 lead shot and no gold. I did pick up a nice old button though. Sunday i thought time to try a new spot, as i had detected the parimeters of our camping area. Turned out to be a wise decision. I stopped by an area that had been surfaced, and struck gold within 5 mins. Yay... My only other good find was another old button in a creek bed. Monday morning dawned and off i went in search of another good spot, and found one more, not too far from the previous piece. After the targets dried up, moved up the road and on a mullock next to an creek bed, found 2 more. One was in quartz and is so tiny, lucky to have picked that one. So 4 for the weekend, was pretty stoked with that.
Cant wait for Easter now.
Sheryl.

Well done Sheryl, only buck shot ant loads of rubbish for me in the GT.

Sheryl
I'm good for a friendly bet.
More pieces or more weight?
I swing a 4500 and you the SDC. Quantity will be in your favour and weight in mine. However, relative to what I've found of late nothing is in my favour.
We need to come up with a handicap system that works against you on volume and against me on weight.
May be some genius out there can come up with a system. I'll ponder it too.
Cheers Andy aka Dignit :)

Dig'in it. My advise to you old son is to roll over now and have your tummy tickled by the lady. Unless you take this bet over several sessions covering both your preferred sites, you're likely to lose against an SDC. I'd not. But I could be blind to a competitive romance happening here? BW :D

BW
Don't worry I'm a wake up to Sheryl. LOL. She was very quick off the mark with suggesting a competition. Very confident she is. Sounds like a detecting shark. Sees a sucker like me a mile off. LOL!
There is no way I'd accept the challenge on qty. The SDC would win hands down every time.
Thanks for having may back bro!