Howdy from the shoalhaven

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day all, just found this forum and saw a few familiar names so thaught i better pop in and say g'day :D
Been prospecting now for about two years and am absolutly hooked. Mailny use a highbanker/pans but do head out for a beep every now and again.
Besides gold i have a habit of picking up rocks i consider "nice" and have since got myself a tumbler and am trying my hand at wire wrapping. Eventually i would like to smelt my own gold into wire to use but baby steps first ;)

Looks like a great forum, hope to see a few of you out and about.
Happy Hunting.

Welcome aboard Shivan.....There's a few of us here that high bank and detect the same areas as yourself so maybe we might have to have a combined fossicking get together at the Forde or Tuena one day.....good to see you here and keep those you tube vids comming....Cheers Wal. :)

Thanks for the welcome guys :cool: Just saw your latest vid Wal and heard you mention this place so i thaught i better check it out :D
As for the vids, new cameras to get used to but getting there hopefully ill get some bits up soon. Thanks for all the videos you guys post love em.

Hi Shivan....you'll find that you will get a lot of useful info from the guys on this forum as their interests are quite varied. Many knowledgeable guys here who freely pass on their experiences. Once you've made 10 posts you can use the PM box so when get to that stage PM me and we'll organize a High Banking session if you like.....be good to compare bankers...Cheers Wal.

I have only just started to look around, but already I can see it seems like a top place.
Would love to get out and have a dig with you guy's and see what you think of our setup. It's by no means perfect but we are getting there with some trial and error.

The site is still quite new but we already have some fantastic people on here so far. I can't wait to see where we are at in 12 months time. Please feel free to invite people to join the forum, everyone is welcome here :D

G'day Joe, sorry didnt get to catch up a bit more last weekend, the heat got to me a bit and they were out of ice at the shop so we went for an aircon trip to crookwel ;)

Dogmatic, ill take a few and pop em up soon but here is a quick pick of some tumbled rocks.
DSCN3305.jpg

your collection is growing :)
all good Ian, I only lasted 3 hours in shade, You were pretty buggered when i came,

Welcome Shivan.
Good to see you here, as well as some awsum pics of your gems.
Didnt get a chance to meet up this weekend. Thought you were making another run out Crookwell way
Cheers
Chris

G'day Chris, was going to try and make it back up there, but couldn't get away for the night so decided just to head to the ford. Hopefully will get to meet next time.

hi Ian thanks for the info on this new site. Rocks look good some nice colours. I tried to put some pics up but they were too big & wouldn't download. I'll try again when I get some spare time. see you in the creek sometime :)
ranma