Hope not - speculation gold could drop to $1000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As Warren Buffet says Doc,

Financial Analysts are akin to fortune tellers in suits!

All commodities move in waves, gold is an insurance investment to protect your wealth against inflation etc.

As Redfin means....it may go down, but sure as the sun rises it will then go up again.

Its main investment protection is that its a finite commodity.... there is only so much of it in ground and once its all gone, well you better hope you have some!

Regards

Yep, by the time I've accumulated my fortune it'll be back up to $2000+ Get digging!

I'm actually hoping it does drop for the time being.
That's when all the big boys in the Vic gold fields (octagonal res. Etc) will pack up their machinery and abandon their leases as it becomes less cost effective..

Now....we all know that under the rules of our miners rights, we can legally prospect and fossick on an abandoned lease without permission needed.
Nothing better than running our detectors over freshly dug ground right?

Let's go get those beautiful nuggets lads, put them under our pillows, then just sit back and wait ;)

Metamorphic said:
I'm actually hoping it does drop for the time being.
That's when all the big boys in the Vic gold fields (octagonal res. Etc) will pack up their machinery and abandon their leases as it becomes less cost effective..

Now....we all know that under the rules of our miners rights, we can legally prospect and fossick on an abandoned lease without permission needed.
Nothing better than running our detectors over freshly dug ground right?

Let's go get those beautiful nuggets lads, put them under our pillows, then just sit back and wait ;)

Shame that we would probably be digging out .5 grams to the ton in an area of micro crystalline gold.. Got cyanide? Well, that's in my areas.. I have not heard of a current mining lease that is digging out visible gold. If you have a link to some or one, I would love to see it as I've only seen the 'leeching process' mines.

AtomRat said:
Shame that we would probably be digging out .5 grams to the ton in an area of micro crystalline gold.. Got cyanide? Well, that's in my areas.. I have not heard of a current mining lease that is digging out visible gold. If you have a link to some or one, I would love to see it as I've only seen the 'leeching process' mines.

They leach yes, but thats only because they will take everything available, even from the overburden due to the high costs of production...its not the whole parcel though AR!

These boys are chasing the sheer zones that intersect the reefs and are extracting visible gold by the truck load.

Rest assured they are not spending millions of the folding stuff on projects that produce 0.5g per ton

The Alliance South Deposit is located on the Eaglehawk Reef at the southern end of the Central Maldon
Shear Zone.
The deposit was discovered by Alliance Resources Limited in 2004 and is
associated with a flexure in the Eaglehawk Reef, where it passes from the east limb of the German
anticline into the hinge zone of the German syncline.

During 2014 reef development on the 1100 level of the deposit identified two high-grade gold shoots.

Face channel sampling defined a 38 metre long by 3.7 metre wide shoot grading 18.8 g/t Au on
the Eaglehawk Reef and a 30 metre long by 3.2 metre wide shoot grading 20.2 g/t Au on a parallel reef positioned 11 metres to the west of the Eaglehawk Reef and referred to as the Western Reef.

These are average ton estimates and are angled at the very conservative end of the stick, only because they must report factual extraction figures to the ASX for release to the public.

281smxw.png

The pink stars are drill holes containing Visible gold intersections

qzits1.png

My apologies to the Doc for getting off topic here, but just making my point ;)

Regards

Latest posts