Hit Some Milestones - Hello Ounce Club!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went up north in September/October and did about 3 weeks at Western Creek and 12 days at Clermont and managed to hit a few milestones.

- Joined the ounce club with a 36 grammer!
- 100th nugget.
- First sunbaker.
- First hot rock with gold in it.
- Over 10 nuggets in a day.
- Over an ounce in one day.
- Multiple nuggets from the same hole.
- Biggest patch for 45 nuggets.
- Found gold with 4 different coils on the same patch.

The ground was well worked in the main patch with only a handful of clear signals so picking up the other faint/non-existent targets was an achievement.

99 nuggets in total for both trips and combined with my previous finds I'm sitting on about 3 ounces since starting last December. Plenty of people finding much more than that but I'm pretty happy with my progress.

Would have kept going but the heat was pretty bad and had a few car troubles to deal with as well.

Still have plenty to learn and wouldn't have made the finds I have so far without the help of a number of talented operators, both from the forum and the guys from Warwick (you know who you are).

Here's a few pictures for inspiration...

Western Creek

1417665446_westerncreek-ouncer-uncleaned.jpg

1417665610_westerncreek-ouncer-fresh.jpg

1417665479_westerncreek-ouncer-front2.jpg

1417665565_westerncreek-ouncer-hole.jpg

Half ouncer...
1417665666_westerncreek-halfounce.jpg

There were 17 other nuggets found at Western Creek but don't have a group shot handy, apart from a 5 gram specie the rest were under 2 grams.

Clermont

Hot Rock...
1417665705_clermont-hot-rock.jpg

Sunbaker...
1417665746_clermont-sunbaker.jpg

Clermont Nuggets...
1417665814_clermont-all-nuggets.jpg

Congratulations mate and well deserved. Your determination at the Nundle outing was indication enough for me to know that the one ounce club membership was not going to be too far down the track. ;) Welcome to the club mate, and now the next milestone will be the two ounce club.....bit harder these days but you're well on the way. Think outside the square and make your own luck mate. ;)

All the very best on the next outing.

Wal.

Jaros said:
Well SDA, that is an effort that is hard for anyone to beat. Great stuff.
Kezza will be proud of you.
Jaros :p

Thanks Jaros, I haven't met Kezza before but I'm sure he'd be helpful, I'd mention the other guys names but they prefer to keep to themselves.

WalnLiz said:
Congratulations mate and well deserved. Your determination at the Nundle outing was indication enough for me to know that the one ounce club membership was not going to be too far down the track. ;) Welcome to the club mate, and now the next milestone will be the two ounce club.....bit harder these days but you're well on the way. Think outside the square and make your own luck mate. ;)

All the very best on the next outing.

Wal.

Thanks Mate, that's much appreciated and thanks for the support and inspiration, I've got my eyes on a 2 ouncer now so hopefully it's not too far off :D

Looks like you had some prime real estate, good peers and great finds! Congratulations mate, and thanks for the share, for me the back story is just as important as the finds. Onto bigger and better.

wooly said:
Congratulations Sirdig what an awesome looking lot of nuggets...... Think you should sell a couple though and invest in a pair of gloves. :)

Hahaha, yeah the ground was tough and my pick was pretty worn by the end so might get a new pick first as well as some gloves ;)

Latest posts