Hip mount GPX

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a hip stick off brad from detectaden that is a rod that clips over your belt with a ball joint and attaches between your shoulder D and your bungey cord to support the weight of the detector off your hip instead of your shoulder. been out all day swinging and no more shoulder/arm pain.
here is one being set up

[video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PmFO7WSOMA[/video]

dollypot said:
has any body had any luck hip or belt mounting the 4500 or 5000

Very good question - I was just thinking the same thing. A mate reckons he gets no shoulder or arm ache anymore. Be good to see the follow ups. Am I correct in saying measure from shoulder to waits, take off two inches to determine the size you need???

loamer said:
dollypot said:
has any body had any luck hip or belt mounting the 4500 or 5000

Very good question - I was just thinking the same thing. A mate reckons he gets no shoulder or arm ache anymore. Be good to see the follow ups. Am I correct in saying measure from shoulder to waits, take off two inches to determine the size you need???
That sounds about right i had the luxury of trying it out before buying it in store, there is only 3 sizes i recall and i think there is only about an inch between the sizes . I was out from 8am till 4 pm in mongarlowe with a coiltek 18x12 goldstalker and had no dramas by the end of the day. I did find that when i set it up i had to move the clamp on the detector to roughly the 50/50 balance point and swinging it was quite light. ;)

$55 sound about the right price? (In store) here is the ad. I found.

HIPSTIK PRO
$55.00 AUD

Hipstik Pro

Australian Made for Prospectors By a Prospector

Enables Detecting for longer periods with less strain and fatigue especially with larger size coils

Wearing a HipStick greatly reduces stress and results in a much higher degree of concentration. The added ease of movement will significantly improve coil control.

Available in 3 sizes to for better fit and comfort

Large 51cm - 20"

Medium 46cm - 18"

Small 41cm - 16"

sounds about right i think i paid $50 but i was purchasing a gpx5000 and a eureka gold at the time :)

Latest posts