GPX 4500 & SP01 Enhancer & Lightweight Battery Kit - 3d Printed Mounting Bracket

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,
I 3d printed a mounting bracket to mount the SPO1 Enhancer and Lightweight Battery Kit (Woody's) to a GPX 4500.
I'm pretty happy with the result so I thought I'd show it off.

Attachments

• 20230923_155308.jpg
    20230923_155308.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230923_155332.jpg
    20230923_155332.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230923_155415.jpg
    20230923_155415.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230923_155423.jpg
    20230923_155423.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230923_155450.jpg
    20230923_155450.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230923_155509.jpg
    20230923_155509.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Hi all,
I 3d printed a mounting bracket to mount the SPO1 Enhancer and Lightweight Battery Kit (Woody's) to a GPX 4500.
Looks good should also fit the 5000, Is the gcode available.

Regards, Ian.

Hi all,
Hello Zac.

A great piece of engineering there, excellent ideas.

One change to the wiring is necessary, the lead from the detector plug to the SPO 1. Is sticking out too far.

It needs a right angle fitting. or risks breakage.

As it is now, it will be knocked on scrub/trees, or other obstacles when being placed on the ground.

You should sell a heap of them. Good Luck. ozziegold.

Hello Zac.

A great piece of engineering there, excellent ideas.

One change to the wiring is necessary, the lead from the detector plug to the SPO 1. Is sticking out too far.

It needs a right angle fitting. or risks breakage.

As it is now, it will be knocked on scrub/trees, or other obstacles when being placed on the ground.

You should sell a heap of them. Good Luck. ozziegold.
Thank you. And yeah I agree about the cable sticking out at the front. The connector that comes with the lightweight battery is a straight female connector, but could be swapped for a right angle connector instead, thats a good idea.

Cheers

Thank you. And yeah I agree about the cable sticking out at the front. The connector that comes with the lightweight battery is a straight female connector, but could be swapped for a right angle connector instead, thats a good idea.

Cheers
I have 6000 But will not give up my 4500, it has so much more with coil flexibility; I love the lightweight of the 6000 and it is a very sensitive detector. I have picked up buckshot and gold that should have been got with other machines .. Love to see a X coil come out fore it, Pick up and go machine. The x coil on the 4500 is a game buster.
Cheers John .

Hello Zac. That looks great, now your cooking.

Another Suggestion is a wider molding across the front legs, have the legs clip into it. The problem you will come across, is your detector tends to tip over on its side.
So, a lift-up bracket that extends out wider on the front legs would do it, and high enough to get the back legs off the ground.

By using it only on the front detector legs, you will find it doesn't brush against your thigh when sweeping back and forth. As it would if fixed to the rear.
I will put up a sketch, to show what I mean.Sketch.JPG

Hello Zac. That looks great, now your cooking.

Another Suggestion is a wider molding across the front legs, have the legs clip into it. The problem you will come across, is your detector tends to tip over on its side.
So, a lift-up bracket that extends out wider on the front legs would do it, and high enough to get the back legs off the ground.

By using it only on the front detector legs, you will find it doesn't brush against your thigh when sweeping back and forth. As it would if fixed to the rear.
I will put up a sketch, to show what I mean.View attachment 11300
Excellent idea. I will see if I can make some clip on legs, or maybe just redesign the rear plate of the mounting bracket to add legs.

Excellent idea. I will see if I can make some clip on legs, or maybe just redesign the rear plate of the mounting bracket to add legs.
Hi Zac.

I made an Aluminium one once, but if it is fixed at the rear of the box, it knocks against your side as you swing.

It needs to be clipped at the front section of the control box, and best if it lifts the front up, even by 2" inches.

Make the base about 7" inches wide, (across), to stop it tipping over on its side.

Cheers from ozziegold.

Latest posts