Hi from Blackheath

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just thought it was time to stop reading and get a little more involved in the forum.
I have panned and used a fred Simms river sluice for many years but basically I like to get out on the Turon.
Have met a number of members at a Tuena meet and found the gold a little chunkier so have met up with a few members on a few occasions now. Nothing beats camping out with people who have the same keen interest. I am looking forward to meeting up with more members in the near future.

Welcome to the forum bwalker. Like the attitude mate, and you're quite right in that it's the adventure, and the people you meet that are worth more than the gold one finds. Look forward to chatting amongst the threads and maybe catching up on the stream some day. Best of luck out there.

Cheers Wal.

I lived at MT Vic for 12 years before moving out here to Bathurst and I would say its definitely colder during the winters months in Bathurst than the blue mountains.

WalnLiz said:
Welcome to the forum bwalker. Like the attitude mate, and you're quite right in that it's the adventure, and the people you meet that are worth more than the gold one finds. Look forward to chatting amongst the threads and maybe catching up on the stream some day. Best of luck out there.

Cheers Wal.

Hi Wal,

I met you and Liz at Tuena some time back - didn't get much gold that time but persistence pays off. I'm keen to discuss how you go about finding that pay streak but will leave that for now. Maybe a good project to do as a group onsite somewhere to cut the work and also to pick your brain on the process. Hopefully I'll see you around the traps soon.

bob

TheFossickingKid said:
Welcome to a great forum, I say it must get cold up where you are?

Hi thefossickingkid,

thanks for your welcome- the weather's not too bad at the moment -coming into the nicest part of the year. Had a little snow last week but most high locations did - I love the cold - I get nervous when I feel like I'm breaking into a sweat- only exception is when my feet are in a running stream with gold in it.

bob

stevo said:
I lived at MT Vic for 12 years before moving out here to Bathurst and I would say its definitely colder during the winters months in Bathurst than the blue mountains.

Hi stevo,

I have to agree with you - the only difference is that you normally warm up a bit more during the day at bathurst - normally after the fog lifts from the River.might be able to catch up somewhere around the Bathurst area. Nothing up my way.

bob

Have to say I dont miss the fog :lol: I have family still at Blackheath.. Murri st and Evans lookout rd.

Latest posts