Hi All

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highway1

Max Ellery
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am from Strathfieldsaye just out of Bendigo. Most of my interests have been automotive related, with a little fossicking every so often. Looked for gold mainly in the past and only panned a few creeks, finding small specs every so often. We are on the road at the moment and spent 1 1/2 days looking for sapphires at Inverell, I borrowed/hired a highbanker and found some small stones, with a bucket of fines to go through when we arrive home. This has renewed my fossicking interest, so looking forward to some more fossicking in the future. Cheers Max

Welcome aboard Max.
I got friends @ Inverall but they're no into prospecting - shame I recon. Sounds a good place to do some digging...

Cheers & enjoy the forum.

Hi Ag Man, thanks for sorting that post out for me. Yes I guess that type of thing happens, like myself living in central vic and not doing a lot of gold fossicking. Cheers and thanks for the assistance.

Highway1 said:
Hi Ag Man, thanks for sorting that post out for me. Yes I guess that type of thing happens, like myself living in central vic and not doing a lot of gold fossicking. Cheers and thanks for the assistance.

I'm not sure what you mean by sorting out your post??? I only replied to you. All good tho.

We got friends at Strathdale that we visit a few times a year.
Next time we're up that way I'll try & remember & contact you. Might be able to go for a pan/sluice somewhere.

In a few weeks time I'm hoping to come down & do the "9 Levels of darkness" mine tour at the Deborah mine.

http://www.central-deborah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=60

Just a little more about myself.

I visit Lake Gairdner SA once a year for the DLRA Speed Week.

My name Highway1 is after my salt racing car which I run on Lake Gairdner, SA. There is a Youtube if you wish to take a look. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpCEouDvdis

Now retired there is some time for detecting etc.

Perhaps I should have taken the Minelab 5000 out there also.

Cheers
Max

highway 1' time to go bush and detect, u wil find once u have retired Mother Nature looks after us youngsters, the gold fields is the place to be, take that 5000 and put it to good use, Scrubby52

Latest posts