gidday all, Bull from melbourne

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I live in Craigieburn, Vic. I own a 200mm trommel which I use quite often at Eldorado, Vic.
I just love the clean UPS there with heaps of fine gold and the odd small picker or two.
I love trout fishing in the gippsland rivers and streams.
Recently I have acquired the urge to learn cutting and polishing gemstones.
cheers.

Welcome to the forum Bull. Great combo there with the prospecting and the trout fishing. Mad keen chucker of the long wand myself up in the Snowy Mtns of NSW. Glad to see you on the forum and hope you gain a lot of benefit from it.

All the very best of luck on the gold and keep those trout fooled mate.

Cheers Wal.

Welcome to the forum Bull - 200mm Trommel sounds like fun!

Eldorado is a great place, wish it was closer...

Thx guys.
Hey Wal, I was reading a forum where a guy had a jar red stones which he called rubies, you told him they were most probably Jasper, Garnet and such.
You then went on to explain how to indentify Ruby found in creek beds, you mentioned to put then under a Loupe with a violet light, they should glow "red", I then went to my jar of stones found at Eldorado and used this helpfull info you supplied to my gems,
low and behold, I have one very small black stone with a hint of red, when I put in under the Loupe with violet light, t really glowed firey red.
Thx so much for that Wal and Liz.
Very usefull information.

Gidday EternalChase.
Trommel will process what you can give it, you can easy put through a few ton a day through it, very hard work, done that once, I have to do a sluice clean up every hour because of the ammount of blacks and heavies at Eldorado.
I now take my time cleaning out crevices into buckets then tipping them straight into the trommel, alot slower but rewards are greater, I use a 5mm barrell mesh so I need to look through tailings carefully to find my bigger gemstones, doing this also gives me a rest from the trommel, its all about getting out and having fun I have found, not killing myself.
missus and kids like that system too....

and you from Bachus marsh, where do you visit for your riches EternalChase ?

Cheers

Hey Bull.

Sounds like you have it all worked out mate. I keep myself local, spending some days in Daylesford at the moment - always on the lookout for other "field trips" to be made with other interested members. As you say keeping it fun is always the way, get some fresh air and sunshine whilst we're at it.

cheers.

Latest posts