Garrett Gravity Trap Gold Pan?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gold shop in Ballarat sells Garrett products. They definately have the pan kits, so I'm sure they will sell individual sizes.

Good pans, but unless you want a small one for a specific reason I'd be investing in the prospector or super sluice... Not sure how long the super sluice (my preferred choice) has been around but the prospector is unchanged in 30 years.... The old man has a 30yo 14" and comparing it to a brand new one a couple years ago barring a slightly different looking type of plastic, there was production line imperfections in the exact same locations on both pans. An unchanged design has proven to be a top seller for many decades without the need for change

Yes, the super sluice is much bigger and has a wider bottom good for cleaning up.

Like matty84 said gold shop in ballarat recently got another garrett shipment in ( apparently they were out of stock nation wide at one point) and should have heaps in stock i purchased the deluxe kit which came with both pans, classifier and a few other things, wasnt too expensive either considering the price of 1 supersluice alone.

AtomRat said:
Cheers guys, was looking for the super sluice too, gravity trap seems very similar, any clue on the difference?

Gravity Trap refers to the riffle design patented by Lagal and Garrett manufacturers the pans with the riffle design. The Garrett pan series are all Gravity Trap pans.
Jon

Difference is the size and riffles, the prospector is 14" and has 3 relatively shallow riffles and the base is recessed (for lack of a better word) from the sides acting somewhat as a 4th riffle.the super sluice is 15" but can hold almost twice as much and process twice as fast in my opinion once comfortable with the size and weight of it loaded with dirt. It has only 2 riffles but they're about an inch deep and the base is much larger. Both are useful and require slightly different techniques and wouldn't want to be without either, though I'd say I reach for the super sluice about 90% of the time.

The package as stated is a worthy investment and gives you the option to use both and decide what's most comfortable in your hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts