Foiled by Easter

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha nah no chomp marks in the eggies today..I'm just thinking of how the next two weeks of egg foil dumping is going to slow down my coin pulling in the busy zones ie; parks :lol:

blisters said:
Did the easter bunny thing last night hiding eggs for the kids hunt and came out in the morning to be foiled by the early bird 8.( .

Mate we did the same but slugs got to some of ours

I feel for you AR
I can only imagine how much of the tiny egg foils are going to be spread across the country side
My kids are opening them eating them dropping them then on to the next one :mad:
So yeah I've spent the morning cleaning alfoil off everything

Easter, I was going hunting this morning, all planned out and everything, then late last night I turned off the sunday morning alarms, so I could be here for the morning ,... happened well, daughter is none the wiser, I put the eggs and bunnies out front, went further down the hall past her room and yelled, " Hey, did anyone hear that " she'd been up at sparrow fart and woke me to say the bunny had been she had read his note, seen the carrot had been chewed and the water drank down, found the basket she'd prepared full of eggs and bilbies, and she had already been outside to check and since there was nothing out there and I had stayed in bed, she'd gone back to sleep ,... so when I yelled out it was like magic when she woke the second time, cause there it all was outside, and so the hunt began. ;)

Could be worse, could be someone doing an easter egg hunt on ya fav bit of beach at night using sparklers as the only means of light , and being a publicly sponsored publicity stunt, absolutely thousands of foil dropping sparkler wielding sandy chocky munching kids dropping and stomping into the sand both egg wrappers and sparkler wires with wild abandon and no regards for the unsuspecting detectorists who unawares next waves a wishful coil about in search of lost money. Oh wishful would the thought just be of finding even just one lonely ,... pultab to break monotony. Oh woe would that a search to be, one lost to others memory ! :eek:

AtomRat said:
Are you collecting them to throw all over the parks for me :p
What you mean like rolling them into the tiniest little balls and dropping them ahead of the park detectorist? Never even crossed my mind! :lol:

Can confirm it was a bad idea to go out on Easter Monday.

Went to a local camp ground in the late arvo after they cleared out. I was stuck with egg wrappers, and pull tabs and a tent peg 8.( I was so excited when I heard the tent peg I thought I'd hit the jackpot!

Latest posts