ebay and gumtree rant

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been watching old jaw crushers on ebay a fair bit..sometimes they are broken and cracked..no motor etc with ridiculous prices from $500 up. Usually negotiable to me means you drop a price and they respond with another but internet negotiation just seems to be take the higest money..no time for negotiating.

3 vintage jaw crushers have ended up going to scrap just this week just because they wanted high money, which they don't get in the end. You can't sell a broken jaw crusher for $2k-5k..ya just can't, and these 3 machines would have gone for literally $5-$10 a piece to iron scrap. What a bloody waste. Please don't scrap them, ill even pay scrap price..

Yep that wasteful consumerist mentality, and overuse of everything, especially plastics and other petro-chemical based products, is a truly criminal neglect of the environment we leave for our kids. And the government gear towards and incentivise for this criminality, and perpetuate it for capitalisms sake to ensure a quick buck in their and their mates already bulging suit pockets.
The amount of fridges turfed because of the unwarranted cost of their repair is in itself a heinous representation of consumerism gone mad. LPG/Propane-R600 and the like are more efficient re-gases, but instead they use complex and poisonous brand-specifics in a mumbo-jumbo of propaganda to guarantee market share.

The removal of regional railways and the whoring off of the iron was a criminal besieging of the regions of the grandest and most heinous scale imaginable. Now they bitch about the ongoing road upkeep due to heavy vehicles.......

There is absolutely no excuse for landfill whatsoever. All plastics and organics can be converted into liquid fuel, high grade ethanol and methanol bases, heat, electricity, oil, grease and wax by catalysis, with the only by-products being fly-ash(potash fertilizer) and carbon black(stored carbon).
But capitalism and oil extraction, governments and corporates, won't have a bar of it, because they can't see the "profit" in it. :mad:

I keeped a look out for small jaw crushers,for some time,but nothing ,so I bought one from China,100mmx60mm opening,very happy.

mxSvmeGl.jpg

Built a small one for out on the fields

ZWgMLmpl.jpg

Regards Frank

I could put this in the real vent.....The things I saw passed in during the peak of the Chinese demand for scrap iron, the history, farm machinery, cars, tools, you name it pushed under the gantry to the shredder and loaded in containers, criminal.

The verbal abuse I suffered at the hands of the public was constant, but in the end it's hard to see the forest for the trees. It's simple economics. Truck loaded, drop at destination, cash cheque, spend deposit, rinse wash repeat. I tried for a while to off load items but to be honest people as a whole are too unreliable when it comes to the money.

Mate it's enough to make you cry, I know. There's a bloke out the back of Bordertown who does all the clearing sales. He must have 1000 acres of "gold" there. Some absolute gems. It's been years since I went there, but I remember such items as a Lombardini air-cooled diesel engine,4cyl.,1000cc, and a BSA gearbox, and enough hydraulic parts to fill a semi-tipper.
Plenty of old hammer mills there too that could be adapted.
Frank I've always toyed with the idea of getting a Tiny-tech steam engine from India to drive a genny, as antique ones are thin on the ground these days.

Latest posts