Detecting on private property

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davent said:
landowners aren't much different to any home owner. If someone breaks into your house, at night, you don,t automatically have the right to draw a gun from your safe and confront them, in fact, you don't have the right to assault them, (check for states definition of assault, in NSW for example, yelling ,pointing your finger in an aggressive way can be deemed assault) if you call the cops in suburbia, because your house is broken into, don,t expect the crim to be there when the cops arrive.

Farout, anyone confronts me at night, especially in my house they're gonna get hurt. People should expect to get hurt doing silly stuff like that.

Check it out mate it might be bulldust that sign, might be legit too. Over the years iv lived and detected in central Vic I have seen numerous BS signs. From castlemaine, vaughan, maryborough, dunolly and moliagul. Most recent was a sign claiming no access, couple of years ago, at dunolly on a dirt track near sydenham hill. Seen false claim signs in numerous places as well as false private property signs. Some have been to keep people off patches and some to try to keep people away from crops of mj. True.

Simply asking for permission might get you further than you think.
Then invite the person down for either a cuppa or a few beers.
That is respect. :D
Then when leaving, Go out of your way for a simple Thank You and Hand Shake.
If the person say's No.
Just walk away with a smile as you have done the right thing. :)
In a few places in Australia, Torrens Title does extend to the center line of the Creek or River.

Yep, one near Nowra apparently, every 16 year old should be aware of it, to avoid having a shotgun pulled on them!

Hi Davent
Thanks for your original post.

The creek that runs through my property is covered by a strip of crown land. So you could walk as far down the creek as you liked until you got to the Nepean river.

Sorry for me the creek runs under a main road. So a 16 year old could park on the road and walk down the creek fishing for bass. I have many firearms and would be an idiot to point any of them at something I did not wish to kill.

A smaller creek on another border of my property does not have such a crown strip. On enquiry with the nsw govt I was told either neighbor owned to the bank rather than the midline of the creek.

No gold on my property But I am reading up for a good spot to go this April. Probably Bathurst way.

Haven't been out in 20 years!!!!

Latest posts