Detecting has got my eyes peeled!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigSam

Samuel
Reaction score
Was picking my daughter up from school and wandering up the footpath under some trees and saw a small gold looking thing under some leaves(around 2mm was sticking out) low and behold there was a $2 coin ;) this coin shooting has really got my eagle eyes peeled!
Anyone else have similar stories?
BigSam

My first ever find with my first detector was a five dollar note, on the way down to the beach and a very heavy silver bracelet in another beach car park. It was a running joke for a while that I found more without my detector switched on. A 2 ct. loose diamond in a shopping centre carpark was the most rewarding.

I find I am always bending over to pick up coins, they are literally everywhere. Picked up a broken bit of crockery the other day it had the date 1760 on it, not sure if the history buffs can place this as a commemorative plate, otherwise it is a bit off a broken family heirloom. Love wandering through old areas as I usually find something that has a story behind it.

Have specked plenty of stone tools as they just seem to catch my eye. Also found a gem of a wife on the dance floor once as well. When I took her sapphire hunting for the first time, after failing dismally, I stopped the cruiser on the track out and said ' see those boulders in the washout there, that's what we needed to find to dig under' two seconds later I hopped out and picked up a 3 ct party sapphire off the track and said 'just like this one'.

Always had the nick name 'eagle eyes' as a kid.

Yeah, good point Trenchfighter, if I was around in 1931 I probably would have been the one who stumbled across the golden eagle nugget and 'eagle eyes' would definitely have stuck then.

The picture in the main street that day does look a bit like a Where's Wally page. I might have to go for a wander around Larkinville one day, there may be something in this apparent connection. :D :lol:

1392201293_image.jpg

Latest posts