Detech Coil information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys, I've done a bunch of air tests to gauge how the coils perform on different targets in different timings. Still a heap more to do (and type up the results) but here's a few interesting ones.

Note: A gpx5000 was used and settings or ground balance was not altered between coil swaps. The coil was placed on very mild quartz wash so ground did not affect results. Obviously real life results will differ but what I've done removes a lot of variables and still gives some sort of comparitive results.

Some very interesting results on 14" mono vs 15"dd.

Also compared 14x9" goldstalker vs 15x10" detech. Tested 4 targets in 4 timings, 16 results total. The 15x10" got better depth on 12 out of the 16 results.

Certain coil and timing combos get very close to GPZ!

28 grammer in Iron:
Gpz, HY Diff - 440mm
Gpx 14" Ultra Mono in FG - 410mm

1.8g porous nugget:
Gpz - 260mm
15" spiral dd, mono/fine gold - 217mm

5g specie in ironstone:
14" Ultra Mono in Fine Gold - 363mm
15" Spiral DD in Sens Extra - 365mm
Gpz in HY Difficult - 364mm

Got a heap more results and more to do, but need sleep now.

Great work Nenad, looking forward to your final report, I will be testing the 15" spiral DD for my second time this weekend and am looking forward to the results.

Looking forward to hear your results.

If you still want to ping the small bits, but want some extra punch on larger bits while ignoring most of the smaller lead, run it in Double D and Sens Extra. The DD tames some emi, so you can run Slow motion, and try to back off your stabilizer a bit, say to 12. This combo works very well in the Slow Tracking, but feel free to use it in Medium Tracking if required, as a DD coil is less likely to track out a faint target compared to a straight mono.

If the ground is too much for Sens Extra, then Mono on the Coil/Rx switch and Enhance is your next best combo, (or Fine-gold for the 5000 users)

With either of the above, if you get them purring, push the Rx Gain until you start to get a bit of noise - targets will still bust through nice and clear.

Another thing I have noticed is that because the coil runs generally quieter, I have been able to use Boost Audio with the Stabilizer on 8 or 9.

Hi guys,

Typed up the first batch of results. This is an air test comparison on 4 different nuggets in 4 different timings.
The detector settings were kept the same for both coils. Some interesting results on the different gold, but makes sense when you think about it.

1447394384_15x10_v_14x9.jpg

After seeing Pete's impressive results in Cancel mode, I did a shootout of all the DD coils in my arsenal.
All in General mode factory presets, Cancel, and tested on 2 nuggets in Normal and Enhance timing.

1447418690_dd_shootout_cancel_mode.jpg

I was impressed with the Detech SEF coil, and the GP extreme 18", but the Detech Ultimate is the clear winner.
The 15x12" SEF coil will be getting a workout on the beaches soon.

I am a little confused as to why these air tests on the 5000 are not very deep, is there something that I am not understanding ??

On VLF machines I have never been Impressed with Detech Coils compared to Coiltek, In fact Coiltek have always smoked Detech, But it seems like these new ones are the Goods.

Impressive workout Nenad, Thanks for your report,,, Good Stuff.

john

Ridge Runner said:
I am a little confused as to why these air tests on the 5000 are not very deep, is there something that I am not understanding ??

On VLF machines I have never been Impressed with Detech Coils compared to Coiltek, In fact Coiltek have always smoked Detech, But it seems like these new ones are the Goods.

Impressive workout Nenad, Thanks for your report,,, Good Stuff.

john

Hi John,

Airtests are what they are, and all nuggets are different. I chose "hard to find" gold for a reason, as that is the bulk of what is left out there, so how a GPX fares on these targets is more meaningful to me. So that is why the actual depths may not seem all that impressive. I was also using Cancel mode in that last one, which will lose about 20-30% depth. So what you should take out those depth charts is not the actual depths, but rather the differences between the coils.

I think a 5mm difference is not really anything to worry about, it's the difference of 10-15mm or more that you should be taking note of.

cheers

Enhance vs fine gold...not much in it..With the mono coils..thanks for the post Phase tech..

Thanks Nenad I knew I was missing the point of what was happening, That's impressive using the cancel mode, That 15"DD is a killer of a coil on the 5k,, That is a Monster set up,

Brilliant Job Nenad,

Thanks for explaining it,

I would like to see a comparison on depths between the 15" detech dd ultimate and the new Coiltek 14" Elite mono? Just for kicks.

Hey Nenad ,which coil for an all rounder for the 35 would you suggest the 15 spiral. or the 15x8 dd ? Intend to have both down the track to compliment the 11 commander but only one is an option at the moment. Cheers Jed :8

Hi Jed,

If you have the 11" DD already, I'd get the 15" spiral. That'll give you more depth on bigger bits and you won't sacrifice much sensitivity. Use the 11" DD in tight areas, shallow ground etc, and use the 15" in open areas, deeper ground etc.

Hopefully Bigjilm can chime in on how the 15" spiral ran on the 3500.

Nenad

Latest posts