CTX 3030 Adventures

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You and me both.

With the amount of silver that I have pulled out of the one park, one would assume that there would be at least one sovereign there.

Instead I have dug up over a thousand ring pulls and bits of foil.

You are the expert on gold rings, am I doing something wrong???

I dig everything over 12:01 and have not found a single bit of gold there yet.

I doubt you are doing anything wrong as you pull more coins in one session than I do in 20 sessions ... You find badges, pins, and a plethora of artefacts ... You must be doing a previously poor area of town ... Maybe nobody had any gold? Another possibility (very remote) is the area has been detected before by someone only interested in gold ... I have ran into fellow beach looters who only dig for gold signals and not interested in any other target type ... But that must be boring if you consider how many targets they retrieve in a session.

I am in constant awe of your hauls ... And law of averages would say you would get one every couple of sessions so you are severely overdue!

Lol.

Imagine this.

If you found a block of land about the size of a football field in Melbourne that was in the richest suburb. Covered in trees and knee deep grass.

Would you think about detecting it??

Not many people would, I have driven past it over 100 times and never gave it a look. I decided to do some research but found nothing. I came across an old photograph and recognized a landmark which pointed me to the location. In the picture there were hundreds of people having picnics.

Basically where ever I found a tree stump, I pulled out 100-200 coins around it.
So for I think that I would have lose to 600-800 coins from this one park.

I doubt that anyone has ever been there before

I think that the next step is open discrimination and dig everything.

I'll post up pics of all coins soon

Rich people don't lose stuff is my theory, especially their gold. I've checked out a few spots on your side of the "S" Bridge Dejan and never did too well. Maybe I hit parks you already did, lol. :D

I wouldn't bother with open discrim for gold, every gold item I've ever found or tested is 12: something, even the small gold nuggets I've found with my SDC.Just my opinion though.

The amount of junk in the spots I'm doing is so bad I just pretty much can't run an open screen, would drive me insane and I couldn't do more than 2m squared per day.

You could be right mate.

Still worth a try, plenty of iffy signals left which could be florins as they seem to bounce around at depth.

Can't stand old rusty nails as the ctx has a habit of picking up minute amounts of ferrous metal in them.

Haven't been anywhere near the $h#t bridge yet. Still plenty of spots left in the city that people overlook.

Should tee up a hunt one day mate.

I'm keen for a meetup for sure Dejan. Just let me know a few days before hand and it will be no probs at all. Can hit one of my spots or somewhere near yours or somewhere in between, I'm easy. Cheers.

Gday All,

Finally cleaned my finds from last week.

Early morning hunts from good Friday and Easter Saturday at the bush park.

Decided to try the 11" coil and it was like all of the coins magically grew back.

Depth ranged from 10" to 16"

$99.30 in spendables.

79.5 pennys and halves

54.5 silvers

***Love the gothic shilling***

Mangled rising sun

A Pandora silver ring and a cancer sterling pendant

A Fred's lucky charm swastika pendant

2 navy, military and defence force buttons.

Charlie chuckles club pin

A Kent brewery valve.

A few junk bits of jewellery and pins

Half a kilo of brown buggers.

All in all two awesome days.

Lots of ground to cover and then the 17" comes out.

Lucky that it's all sandy soil as some of the targets were 1.6 times the whites pinpointer.

Until next time.

1459417972_image.jpeg

I was salivating as I wiped the dirt off.

I have 4 gothic florin and tnow he first shilling.

I wonder if they made them in 3p and 6p

Latest posts