Couple From Brisbane :)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My names chris, partners name is cass, been together for years and love getting out and trying new things

We have been looking at the possibility of getting into a bit of panning and down the track detecting for gold :D

Finally decided to join up after a few weeks of browsing the forums as i have been given a deadline to get out stuff together so we can go out and have a explore around brisbane and the surrounds, heading down to brisbane gold on monday to have a look around and see what we can pick up in the way of pans.

Any reccomendations for equipment and good places for our first hunt would be appreciated :) although we dont expect you to give your secret spots away ;)

Cheers!

Hi,
hope a few people respond to this as i'm leaving the USA for Brisbane in July. Not sure where we'll be living yet, but i reckon within 10kms of the CBD.
I'll be looking for places to Pan & detect,so hopefully there are some places worth a visit.
You'll find you can pick up a complete panning kit with just about everything you need in just one box. you'll be wanting a nice weighty hand pick too!
Where abouts in Brisbane are you?
Cheers

Pete.

Welcome Savolion
Last time I was at Brisbane Gold they didn't have too many pans on show as the day before they had had a detector weekend but it is a very good shop.
I also buy from Uptons at Browns Plains. A camping and fossicking store. That's where I bought my Garrett Trowel from and they have a great array of detectors and maps etc and very friendly staff. Hope you find what you are after.
Cheers
Mackka

Cheers for the replies, I'll have a good read through that link when I get home. Spent the night on gov websites and it seems like there is very limited places that you are allowed to actually prospect. Unless I'm missing some vital information or overlooking something :/ what's the go with going to old mine areas and panning around them? Problematic or okay?

Welcome aboard guys , good to see some more Qlders just in time for origin :). I'm originally from Brissy but don't get back there much anymore, only to visit mum.
If you would like to start with panning I can recommend the Garrett deluxe panning kit. It is available in most good prospecting shops or you can try one of the site sponsors webshops. It has a selection of pans and other essential gear like a classifier, snuffer bottle, gold vials etc.
Check out the pages and ask if you have any questions.

DD

Welcome Chris and Cass welcome to the forum im at the other end of australia so not of much use but we have plenty of members that will help
Watch some of Wal and Lizs youtube adventures if you want to get motivated they have a wealth of knowledge
Hope you have fun and find heaps

Latest posts