Chris Vo-gus trials the Croc Gold Trap Freshy

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Chris has posted a couple of reviews of the mid-sized Croc, the Freshy, on his Vo-Gus Prospecting you tube channel. He won his Croc in a competition that was held on the Croc Gold Traps Facebook page.

His you tube channel is really entertaining as well as packed with good info. Chris has a natural flair for video production and spends a lot of time and energy creating videos that have you wanting more, unlike some of the stuff out there that is great if you need something to help you get to sleep at night. His following is growing into the thousands.

The two Reviews on the Croc Gold Trap is detailed and unbiased. Chris trials the Freshy armed with only with his dog, a few basic tools and the knowledge he has gained Googling 'fluid bed sluices' Without giving too much away, the results under different conditions are pretty good- especially for a first time Croc user.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNSXvkwbotA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXutFI38hu8

Yeah I've been watching his videos a fair bit over the last few weeks. The croc looks easy to set up, easy to clean, easy to transport... would be good to give one a go :D

I love the video, Is there gold there, where he pans the dirt in his car... classic :Y:

His Videos are what made me want to start!

I came across his channel about 2 months ago bought some cheap gear and went for a dig.. Now im bloody hooked lol cant believe how addicting the yellow is. you boys should start posting warnings :D

Would be great to have a beer with Chris and pick his brain for a few tips he really seems to know what he is talking about.

Cheers Isolation
I cant seem to load that facebook link but im sure ill be able to find it the long way round.
speaking of long way round he is way down in VIC i believe, i doubt id be able to head that far down without the mrs changing the locks lol she is already pretty upset with the amount of time i push into digging holes haha. Although would be bloody worth it haha bugger it any ideah how to get an invite?

Agreed - I really enjoy the Vogus Prospecting video's. They're light hearted, fun and informative. He does a really good job!

Yeah so anyone can go.. i have made the call i will be going! Should be a great day to meet not just Chris but fellow diggers.

Anyone else on here going?

I know Chris pretty well he is a very nice bloke I have been panning with him up reedy creek I think I will have to get a croc gold trap looks nice and lite to lug around)

Ive been watch his channel for a few weeks now and the croc looks a nice bit of kit.
Its definitely on the "to buy list" in the future

Latest posts