40 years on the job.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our full retirement age here is 65, had to take mine early so, won't turn 65 until March next year. Problem is US Social Security is paying me exactly what I'd made for wages nearly 40 years ago. That is based on not working at the present time and it can change if you do work. I asked them a lot of questions, like what about royalties. You can earn all the royalties you want and that is not considered employment. Most people can't work for royalties but art design is a possibility. Print-on-demand (POD} online companies use percent of profit royalties to pay artists for putting their paintings on products or reproducing fine art prints, canvas, etc.

Well done. I'm only 39 and have lost count of the different jobs I have done. Some of them not by choice either as they was jobs when I needed work.

I admire anyone who has held the same job for a long time, Since the 80's it has been tougher and tougher to keep a good job.

Congrats RJ, well done mate, :trophy: :Y:

Congratulations RJ, enjoying your given trade certainly helps in the long term, even with painful management (they always come and go). ;)

Congratulations, RJ.

I'm 62 and will be stopping work on 5 March next year. Then I will use up all my annual leave and remaining extended leave before officially retiring at the end of June. I have a defined benefit super (no pension option, though) and it is in my interest to get all my points up.

That's only 32 years, but I spent about 15 years buggering about and at university before settling down to a full time job in 1989.

Latest posts