2013 Finds - Nugget

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Top finds Nugget, would be very lucky to find one of those around here. Will have to
check out some areas around my parents place in The Hawkesbury region.

I took the AT Gold out for quick hunt yesterday and found some virgin ground on the outskirts of a sporting oval. The ground was extremely trashy in some areas but still no match for the stock 5" x 8" DD coil. I hadn't been to this spot before because I honestly thought it would have been done over already, I guess it pays to think inside the box sometimes.

Before you ask, I won't reveal where it is just yet as I want to go back and see what else I can dig up :p

Here's what I ended up with in around 50 minutes.
  • 1960 Shilling[/*]
  • 1943 Half Penny[/*]
  • 1952 Penny[/*]
  • 1917 One Penny[/*]
  • $1 coin[/*]
  • Several 1 and 2 cent pieces[/*]

1377335966_imag0133.jpg

Nugget.

It sure will, only 50% but still Silver non the less. I'm hoping there's more where that came from :)

They're some good finds I recon. How long did it take to get that lot & what sort of area do you cover 20 square meter or 50?

It took around 50 minutes give or take a few but because I wasn't planning on being there long I just freestyled all over the place. I plan on returning and working the entire area from end to end.

Nugget - very nice work and I wish you all the best on your repeat visit. A rams head shilling day is always a good day! Willo

It had been a few weeks since my last swing so it was a nice surprise :D

I had a spare hour to burn today so I went and detected a small park on the top of the river bank. I found a few moderns, part of what appears to be a belt buckle and the token below.

At first glance I thought it could be some sort of commemorative type coin but further research suggests its an entry / exit token for Wellington Caves. Age unknown at this stage but I don't think it's very old.

On the back it has the words "Biggest Stalagmite Of The World".

1378973511_token_1.jpg

1378973527_token_2.jpg

Nugget.

Latest posts