2013 finds heavymetal

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its great to see some quality father son time being had, and you couldn't have asked for a better haul for a six year old boy that's for sure.

I wish you and your young bloke the same success on future hunts.

Nugget.

Nice going - bet he loved hitting that matchbox car patch! He'll be addicted for life now.

He loves it. I bury nails, ring pulls, and coins in the back yard and see if he can discrim the nails and dig the coins on all metal mode. He's getting the hang of it. Almost time to take him to the beach.

Your little fella would have thought it was Christmas....what a great first haul
Now where's that full sized 4WD buried? the one daddy wants... :lol:
Cheers
Chris

Went to Whipstick for my first time on Saturday and got no gold but I got $21.95 in spenders on the way there and back ! Was a good day out with some really cool people. I am hoping to go out again with them soon. Next time I might get a nugget !
IMG_1574.jpg

nice work! my boys like getting out with the detector too

This is a great story and well done. I especially smiled about the Matchbox Car patch.

I take my grandson out on old shallow diggings - he uses a (VLF) XTerra 70 running a small DD. I used to seed mullock heaps with little tiddlers until the day he pulled out a decent sub-grammer and a Dr Holloway token from a heap I hadn't seeded!!

My 4 year old loves the detector.

Has anyone else noticed how many of the kids shows have metal detectors in it?
Fireman sam - captain of the stations always detecting
Bananas in Pjs - often go detecting and I saw one where they were looking for gold in a river..

Even the kids shows go swinging more than I do :(

Latest posts