2013 finds - Goldbuzzhashit

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys and girls,

Had an outing planed with scoopa today but the rain was relentless, so we canned it.

But having the day off work and have finished the house hold duties, received a call from a bloke "got my number from the brew shop" who has a very old and large house in maitland, he was off today as well and wanted me to run the detector across the back yard. :)

Story goes, the house was occupied by a very wealthy gentleman back in 1815, "not sure of the gentalmans name yet" but he controlled all river sales on and around the maitland area, produce, goods and livestock.

The house is massive 7 rooms and a ballroom/dance floor, looked haunted in every way! :/ anyway back to the story. Meet up with Colin and went to work, turned on the detector put the head phones on and down came the rain, "just as well a covered the control box with a ziplock bag, and two florins, two ram, head shillings, six pents, threepents and four pennies also 17 dollars in goldies and 57 cents, right under the old clothes line. Gave the owner the goods but he gave me back the pre decimals. :cool:

1365056770_image.jpg

1365056785_image.jpg

The pennies and one florin and the threepents have be hit by a lawn mower I thought but they were munched up in a rotary ho, not sure why this happened but!

I Wait in anticipation in returning to see what the rest of the cloths line and back yard holds :)

Will keep you all informed

good work there buzz ... if ya need some company give us a yell would love to hit a spot like that ...

hey mate have you got ya name posted on some places about detecting "got my number from the brew shop" ????

No word of mouth, the boys there know me well and have told them that I was giving it a go.
So they passed my number on.

I have a letter drafted up and have passed it to a couple of places, and have had a couple of replies, but these places are heritage listed and can not be touched!

Trust is a big thing with me, I would not be here if I didn't for fill the honour and trust to all I meet.

ah ok kewl was just wondering if it would be worth putting up a few flyers about detecting and stuff

Hi GB, Some nice finds there. Did you notice a difference in the numbers and tones of the shillings and the Florins? Better keep an eye open for 12-20/21 and 12-29/30 and pick up the half and full Sovereigns that could be laying there as this sounds like the type of place you could find one :p

Scoopa said:
Good work buzz. Gunna have to call you the silver king

Had two great teachers, thank you scoopa and pedro!

Pedro said:
Hi GB, Some nice finds there. Did you notice a difference in the numbers and tones of the shillings and the Florins? Better keep an eye open for 12-20/21 and 12-29/30 and pick up the half and full Sovereigns that could be laying there as this sounds like the type of place you could find one :p

Ha pedro, ;)

Dame right from scream to hums "love it" :)

Every 12-20/21 seams to be a shredded aluminium can so far but did not dig one 12-20 this avo, but found this avo, 4, 1800 pennies, sixpence 1960 and another Florin 1954. :cool:

Still the king of ring pulls! :/

Returned from abroad a few weeks ago and was itching to swing the E Trac again, so today was that day.
Headed down to the local park for a couple of decimals, not the best but never the less, was returning home and passed the old site I had previously spent a few hours at and noticed the owner in the shed. So wheeled the truck around and said g-day, with a beer in one hand and detector in the other, spent 3 hrs in his back yard for the following.

Shillings 1922, 1908
Florin 1946
Threepents no viewable date
Six pents 1928
Half penny 2x 1951, 1949
Queen victora penny 1808, 18??, 1881
Penny's 1922, 1933, 1951
3x 1
4x 2
$2
Gould legue pin
And a poo load or wheel things??????
Some shells and a bullet
Decoration thing
Harmonica reed
Cover off some thing
And of course a ring pull tab

1367044439_image.jpg

1367044652_image.jpg

Will upload a picture to "what the heck is the part as well"

Enjoy.

Good find, I have never considered coin shooting but am kind of getting the itch :)
Bill

Hi GB, I bet it was good to hear the silver ringing it's sweet tune again. That's a nice haul there and I bet there is still more there!

Latest posts