⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yobskin said:
G0lddigg@ said:
Little Ballarat gold from an hours dig this arvo. Good to see the old spots have plenty of new deposits now that the waters gone down. Came up just over a gram in fines.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/357/1415526800_20141109_182008.jpg
Awesome effort mate!
So jealous right now....im starting to think gold falls out of trees down there! Lol
And so clean!!! Haha my 4year old says the fairies polish it on the way down hahaha he likes it to. Very impressive. :eek:

Id like to think gold fairies polish it too :) ballarat gold comes in around 98% pure mate not much silver in it always looks the bomb

Some gold found last week in Vic land, most was sluiced a couple bits detected, hope this works. Large bit by the 20c was 0.4g and in the sluice.

1415841979_gold_003.jpg

1415841979_gold_001.jpg

1415841979_gold_002.jpg

Ya know I've been looking for a Twenty cent piece with a milled edge like that one Gravelman.
Well done on the colour man.

Mate anyone with as much enthusiasm as yourself deserves every bit of success. That's bloody amazing and well deserved. Chase down that source!

hey golddigga
Nice gold mate, fully agree with goldtarget, you deserve the gold mate with the vigour you put into finding it.
Thanks for the pointers at eldoraddo, muchly appreciated, been trying to get back and keep going on that spot but have been having some car issues, mabe next week.
keep diging
boyd

Hey mate been wondering when uou might pop up on the forum :) was great meeting you and look forward to taking you out closer to home one day. Sorry to hear about the car mate.

:D My Ridiculous first day prospecting !!

Not sure if this is the right thread to start to tell of my first day out in anger prospecting
but as the 5th of a willing six pack of Coopers Pale Ale takes it toll , the Aussies have just made 329
My wife has reminded me for the 2nd time the BBQ will not cook itself and Eddie everywhere is trying to
make someone a millionaire I will attempt to document a day which started with a couple of quick short blacks
and ended with a rushed trip to the local jewellers.
BBQ cooked , South Africa 1/ 114 , 6.30 am got up told wife that I felt like a kid with a new toy , got told that is exactly
what I was , off to Jupiter Creek with my new gold detector , water , muesli bars and a new mini pick !
Backyard testing of the SDC 2300 and this forum was the the extent of my experience in the pursuit of what we spend
countless hours and dollars chasing , big walk but not where everybody else had been , I was too smart for that , like the USS Enterprise through the rough terrain , where no detector had been before , that is where the gold would be , blackberry bushes , even better no one in their right mind would go in there , surely that is where the gold would be !
As I beat my way out of the bushes , bleeding like a stuck pig , the comments or more accurately sledges from my mates at the front bar rang in my ears , waste of time , mid life crisis , just like the bloke in the new credit union ad detecting on the beach !
How ironic it was that on a path trodden by coultless people before me over one hundred and fifty years gave me my first break in the constant Minelab mosquito hummmmm of the SDC , as I prepared for the first bit of lead shot or bottle top I didn't care , surely this was part of the game ? Scrape , pick , scrape , inexperience led to frustration , a sound that was there in one hand was taken from the other without me noticing . Finally after promising myself to part with another couple of hundred dollars for a pro pointer , a little whispy , aerated , almost volcanic piece of gold " or so I thought " was revealed . That is when panic set in , how stupid , the scream of the SDC on speaker will surely attract the attention of the two fellas I knew were following me , on with the headphones ! Put the piece in the forgotten nugget vial , ok the mouth will have to do for now , another piece , and another , and another how easy is this !
Six in total , I was dead set grinning like a Cheshire Cat , back to the car to examine my treasure , that is where things started to go wrong , six went in , five came out ! Would like to say I miss counted but I know better , spittle done its job the colour was not quite right , Silver ? No must be white gold I assured myself , quick detour via the local jeweller on the way home confirmed silver it was !
Feel a bit like I have been dancing with my sister all day , ands if you live around Mt Barker and hear a call of Hi Ho Silver in the morning it is probably me on the toilet passing number 6 ! What a day ! And yes lost my new pick !

Cheers

Rick
1416391391_image.jpg

1416391391_image.jpg

Ouch,...By the look of the rest of em,.....this is gunna hurt,....not really lookin forward to seeing your morning post(ha). just be a bit careful with the camera angle.(ha).
Good lookin gold though.