Zimbabwe to introduce gold coins as local currency tumbles

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
200% and aussies are complaining about 1.35%. We managed 18% back in the day, God help these young folks.
Australia's inflation rate for Q1 2022 was 5.1% & forecast to settle at 3-4%.
The 1.35% is the cash rate (interest) which is an instrument used to influence inflation.
Zimbabwe inflation went from about ~130% to 191.6% in June, it has been over 800% in 2020 & bank lending was banned. The cash rate (interest) went from ~60% to 80% to 200% 😯
We are still a lot better off than most countries.

I thought they had decided to use the US dollar for that reason. I wonder what happens, Back to 20 million dollars for a loaf of bread.... It is terrible when this happens, so hard for the Third World to get ahead.

Australia's inflation rate for Q1 2022 was 5.1% & forecast to settle at 3-4%.
The 1.35% is the cash rate (interest) which is an instrument used to influence inflation.
Zimbabwe inflation went from about ~130% to 191.6% in June, it has been over 800% in 2020 & bank lending was banned. The cash rate (interest) went from ~60% to 80% to 200% 😯
We are still a lot better off than most countries.
Cash in all our gold and loan money for just 50% interest, everyone would be lining up to refinance.
Probably get a 100% default rate though.
COME IN SPINNER!

Inflation is a massive issue globally at the moment. Either way, I wouldn't wish hyperinflation on any nation, let alone those third world countries who have struggled for years with the issue.

Latest posts