WPxdwt

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate,
Truely that is a real inspiration as to what you can do if you want. :D
Just the feed hopper would be a fine adition to a Wal Banker. :cool:
I was thinking of building a trommel but this has changed my direction.

Tathradj said:
Mate,
Truely that is a real inspiration as to what you can do if you want. :D
Just the feed hopper would be a fine adition to a Wal Banker. :cool:
I was thinking of building a trommel but this has changed my direction.
Honestly mate fell free to copy what you need, any questions just post them here and I'll try to answer them best as possible, this unit is made out of steel, cheaper and more user friendly when making prototypes, if I was to build another I would make the wash unit out of stainless (316) and the sluice box out of alloy, and definetly a quality set of wheels, good luck with your build mate, keep us updated ;)

It will take me a little while but I am going to go for this.
Not as big a feed section as you have but to be able to run it with my Davey Pump 1 1/2 I cobbled together and combined with my WalBanker.
It will make for a really mean set up.
Especially for a place like Oallen Forde.
I can see where the design can go wrong but with a bit of common sense and a few dozen beers,
I can see it.
I will let you know mate.
First thing is to work out limitations as far as volume goes without going overboard.
THX,
As per my discussions with a State Forrest person, They are happy with a banker set back away from the bed you are working in. This means to me that you can have your feed hopper in the creek but your banker is set up away from where you are working saving you from having to cart buckets of dirt distances.
Taking into account height limitations etc.
It is a bloody fantastic design.

Zuke_Lynzy said:
LOL' Got springs?
The trailer I'm presuming dude :lol:
Yeah, it was one of those first light weight 6x4 bought out you could buy for under $500, it used to haul around a husaberg 550 and Aprilla 450, not much weight, BUT, since then it has seen 500 plus kilos of dirt on occasion, loads of wood, and some steep rocky country as hard as the patrol will pull it hahaaaa, piece a shite just won't die, notice the 50mm angle iron pull with a bow in it..... That was one of the 800kg loads :lol:

I just love equipment tested way beyond what it was designed for and that trailer is the perfect example of why it's doesn't need repair coz its doen fine....LOL!

ok im lost - that looks like an awesome piece of kit, but whats the advantage of having the sluice box at a distance from the rock wash?

And also what size pump are you using?

Like the idea of a fine gold recovery. Wonder if modifying a walbanker slightly to add something similar - instead of running solid backed moss to trap it?

Sniffy said:
ok im lost - that looks like an awesome piece of kit, but whats the advantage of having the sluice box at a distance from the rock wash?

And also what size pump are you using?

Like the idea of a fine gold recovery. Wonder if modifying a walbanker slightly to add something similar - instead of running solid backed moss to trap it?
The unit was basically built to set up and use in an area for quite some time, certainly to big awkward to be lugging around every two to three hours or so, the two main reasons for the sluice box being some distance away, adding duration to the time some of the concentrates gets before they hit the sluice box, the sluice isnt pouring water and debris out at your feet so I can keep digging down without having to carry dirt to the feed hopper, some of the areas I've ran this have been 30-40 feet away from a creek and or water source, so it makes it handy to set the sluice box a little closer to the water source for recirc and not filling the hole I'm digging, lastly the whole unit in negatively buoyant, can be totally submersed underwater and ran, if you have dive gear, i did give this a crack with mixed results.
The pumps are one two inch firefighting pump, and one two inch water transfer pump :)

Latest posts