Wife said " Coober Pedy " waffles sh-t all over Pancake Kitchen !

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wife and Miss 12yrs were doing a shopping trip, and over nighter, like I usually do camping with the kids.
It is a bit of one on one time that I do and have been trying to get the wife to do.
With me the kids know about it and are involved in the planning and packing.
BUT with the wife it's a surprise to the kid, and not expected.

So off to the city, they were delivered mid-day yesterday as some shops opened for the afternoon, next I dropped off their bag to the hotel.
The Hotel Grovsner on North Terrace, has a discounted room rate for 'rural SA' visitors, ask for it.

This morning they went to the famous Pancake Kitchen and ordered waffles because they had a really good experience in Coober Pedy
when we were there last year in the mid year school holidays.
The quality of the food was good, eating them was okay but not that special apparently.
Telling me about it, my wife said that the 'Waffles and Gems" waffles we had in Coober Pedy were just so much more, better, tastier and better service too.
I must admit that the Waffles in Coober Pedy were bloody good, and seriously unexpected to be so, all the food and drinks were really good with top service.

So I suggest that if you get to Coober Pedy, make the Waffle shop part of your visit, it is not a lot to look at, as you go down the main street it is on the right hand side near the end of the street and the Drive-In.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...er_Pedy_South_Australia.html#review_812265381
Like a lot of places in that town, pretty basic to look at outside and inside, but if you eat there you will be satisfied, my kids are still raving about it.
The bonus is that you get to talk to the shop owner about Opals and mining too.
Another real "Gem" in a town full of them.

YEP, the Pancake Kitchen has some catching up to do !

Screenshot from 2022-04-26 17-07-21.png

We have some close friends I Coober Pedy. We planned to hire a motor hone to visit 3 years ago but then the Rona....
Hi Ramjet, sometimes ya just have to pull the pin and head off to the Sun before it sets.
SA is about to drop all Covid close contact stuff too, so head on over mate.

It was a great adventure for our family and set some bigger things in motion, there just was not enough time for us to stay longer,
we would have liked to though

Hi Ramjet, sometimes ya just have to pull the pin and head off to the Sun before it sets.
SA is about to drop all Covid close contact stuff too, so head on over mate.

It was a great adventure for our family and set some bigger things in motion, there just was not enough time for us to stay longer,
we would have liked to though
Agree mate. We have other life changing events... new job, wife's health. We hope to get out n about when we can. Peace

Telling me about it, my wife said that the 'Waffles and Gems" waffles we had in Coober Pedy were just so much more, better, tastier and better service too.
I must admit that the Waffles in Coober Pedy were bloody good, and seriously unexpected to be so, all the food and drinks were really good with top service.
Same could be said about John's Pizza Bar & Restaurant in Coober Pedy also. Better food than most places also...

Latest posts