Which one would you choose? gp extreme with gold button mod or sd2200d

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hi all, I'm looking at one or the other, sd2200d unmodded or gp extreme with a gold button mod.
Both are roughly the same price, but which one is better, I'm moving from vlf so new to pi.
Any info/comments, pros/cons would be great.
The interweb has too much info, so I would like comments from people who have used 1 or the other, or both, please.
Cheers,
Paul

GP extreme by far. The GP's are regulated internally, have a sharper audio, are more sensitive, and run more stable. The GP's also work better with monoloop coils, whereas the 2200 is quite noisy with mono's except for very mild ground.

For either model, if you want to run an external speaker you'll need a booster. I can hook you up with a B&Z booster combo if you're interested.

You can actually pick up a GP3500 for about what you would have paid for a SD2200 or GP Extreme 6 months ago. I would seriously look at one of those if budget allows. These were the first machines to have the GB button fitted as standard. Saves worrying about dodgy workmanship if you don't know the seller & the 3500 has some other features like manual frequency tuning to help eliminate EMI & 3 speed ground tracking.

I was using a extreme for about 15 month with a gb button and 14x7 nugget finder coil it was a very good detector excellent on depth and small gold the other one we had was a bit noisy compared to mine if going for a extreme try and get one with a late serial number I think they started with 7----regards john :)

Latest posts