What happened to Central West Prospecting Supplies in Mudgee

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here i am in Mudgee staring at the shop that used to house Central West Prospecting Supplies and its closed up and empty. When you call the number it's on a loop saying someone is on the phone etc, their Facebook page no longer exists. I only passed thru here about 6 weeks ago and spoke to Vaughan, anybody care to enlighten myself and others as to what happened or if they will set up shop somewhere else.

A happy new year to everyone hoping big nuggets come your way.

Cheers Andy

CWPS had been for sale for a couple of years but had not sold.
Their shop rental property lease was coming up to the end of term. The property owners want to move their offices in there. High rent costs in Mudgee would have meant a substantial increase in rent to move the shop.
The owner lives in Victoria & has other business interest + property there. The periodic commute to Mudgee to check in or if issues arose is around 18-20hrs return.
No doubt there were other issues too but they are some of the main things that contributed to them making the decision to close down as the best option.

Latest posts