What a trip

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

condor22

Mike
Reaction score
Got to the GT 3 weeks 6 days ago. First day there set up my camp for a 2 month stay.

Second day there, Tuesday, went out with the detector, 2 hours in and sore toe. (To recap the previous 5 weeks, I had an ingrown toenail on the inside of the nail of the left big toe.) Went back to the caravan had a look, guess what, the outer side of the same toe is now ingrown and infected. Got an appt with a doc in Maryborough Thursday and a script for antibiotics, as well as an appt for a cut n fix the following Thursday. In the meantime went to K Mart $3.50 for a cheap pair of slippers, cut the toe area out so I could at least wear something outside.

Got the toe cut and spent the net 7 days healing, managed to get boots on day 19. Day 22 was Anzac day, Dawn Service, 11 o clock march and service and numerous beers n bundys. Day 23 was a recovery day for day 22.

Day 24 TV power cable fritzed 20 minutes ito a movie and next day had to drive 50kms into town to get a replacement. Day 26, got a call from my wife, sadly her mother passed overnight and now I'm on my way home day 27.

All up I got in about 10 hours detecting for about a gram. Some prospecting trip, if ya don't laugh you'ld cry. :poop: :brokenh: :cloudy: :N: and a few I can't mention......

Condolences to you and your family :flowers:

Life can dish up disruption at times I hope you're back to your old self sooner than later :beer:

Latest posts