Wanted - Silver Pre-Decimal Coins (Any Condition)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Nugget, why not just buy bullion from the mint? Perth only charge 9% on spot for a 10oz bar. Just wondering is all...

I already do Ben, just like to diversify my stack :)

Fair enough, just seems like an expensive way of doing it lol

Just listed through the coins I have dug up, 12oz silver over 163 coins. Makes your offer very tempting...

Ben78 said:
Fair enough, just seems like an expensive way of doing it lol

Silver coinage has always carried a premium over bullion, that applies to both buying and selling. So I don't consider it an expensive investment as the premium will still be there when I sell them later on. I buy Silver with the intention of selling it at a higher price, if that means hanging onto it for 10 or 20 years, it's no biggy.

Ben78 said:
Just listed through the coins I have dug up, 12oz silver over 163 coins. Makes your offer very tempting...

Right now I'm only open to smaller progressive purchases, buying 12oz of per-decimals in one hit is a bit much for me at the moment.

Another one for your diversity - Silver cutlery from garage sales (pick up bargains) :)

Yeah good idea Joe, I just haven't been able to find any at a reasonable price. I have managed to purchase scrap Silver jewellery and offcuts from a Jeweller though.

A favourite of mine are the 1966 round 50 cent coins, only takes 3 to an ounce and they're very liquidity. The only problem is, because of eBay a lot people think they're worth more than what they actually are, so the premiums can be a little high at times. Most of the time though I'll chuck an ad on Facebook or in the local paper and buy them at reasonable prices that way.

I know where there is 78 round 50c coins. My brother in law works at a servo and a guy paid for his fuel with them lol. BIL said for sure and paid the cash into the till and kept the coins. Doubt he'd part with them though!

I collect coins too. 20 round 50c coins. Ummm may milt them down now lol thanks nugget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts