Upcoming film Nitram

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goldtarget

(AKA OldGT)
Reaction score
Well Ive been waiting a long time for someone to have a go at this part of recent history, seems the wait will end mid Aug 2021 where it will debut at the MIFF.

Causing a bit of a stir, wasnt even certain someone could attempt it in this day and age. Cast as lead is a Yank, and no scenes of anyone shot, nor the gunman named.

I watched the True history of the Kelly Gang, a god-awful take on a bit of Aussie History and culture, could it be that this might end up the same way?

At any rate the story needs a telling it was 25 years ago, 1/4 Century and still much to be discussed.

Anyone else keen? Thoughts?

This is being produced by the same people who did Snowtown.
I flew into Hobart on a business trip on the day of the massacre, one of the most distressing weeks I spent in Tasmania in the 10 years I worked there.
As for the story being told Im not sure how I feel about it. I have visited Port Arthur and the memorial, a truly beautiful place of quiet reflection.

Not sure, but thinking ive never heard the victims families speaking out ever..... just the story itself as seen via the media a few different ways.

Latest posts