Unknown plaque.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smiley Bill

Bill Streater
Reaction score
Hi all,

Found this item in the backyard when trying out my new detector, a Fisher F5.

It's about the size of a cigarette packet and the metal is more tarnished than corroded. The picture is of a fella chasing a self-propelled lawn mower through a bed of flowers. Five mounting holes and through one of them is a small pointed rivet?, as it is bent over on the reverse side for mounting on a metal surface?

If anyone has an idea what it was originally attached to or where i could look to try and research it further i would appreciate any help.

SB

1367301229_backyard_plaque_006.jpg

Hi Smilie, looks to me like a stamp & by the caption would look good in plastersene.?
Bill :)

Wow, Bill!
I thought the same at first, as friends on mine in the Palmer have a stamp for a face cream...
The stamp was slightly curved, and had no 'fixing' points, so I assume this is a 'plaque' of sorts???
I spent an hour or so trying to find a similar, but came up with nothing?!! :(

Yea I was thinking the holes were to hold a grab handle on the back? I also notice the holes are countersunk...?

looks like it is typemetal - a tin/lead composite used in typeset/offset printing

Hi all,

A stamp of some sort or being used for printing hadn't crossed my mind.

Shall look into these leads and let you know if I find anything useful.

Many thanks, SB.

looks like a press of sorts, could have been used on a single building for tiles, bricks etc then vthey paint in the colours and fire them in a kiln

Latest posts