Super hard to find detector on Ebay .

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard of them in a lot of the American forums, but not much hear in OZ. I lot of people who have them over their wont part with them. What makes them so special over current detector models? They look very light weight. :)

Roscoe said:
I have heard of them in a lot of the American forums, but not much hear in OZ. I lot of people who have them over their wont part with them. What makes them so special over current detector models? They look very light weight. :)

They are so easy to use , super light weight very stable threshold & the hotrock mode saves heaps of time & energy digging false signals .
What they have over current detectors is pure simplicity ;)

I was just reading about the Diablo Umax the other day, they certainly are sought after, and a bit confusing why Tesoro only ran with it for a short amount of time. Maybe they there was more of a market for an auto tracking detector to compete with other brands?? I looked at buying it, but ended up getting the Whites GM3 to update from my GM2, the GM3 is also pretty sought after, and don't come up for auction very often.

Goldpick said:
I was just reading about the Diablo Umax the other day, they certainly are sought after, and a bit confusing why Tesoro only ran with it for a short amount of time. Maybe they there was more of a market for an auto tracking detector to compete with other brands?? I looked at buying it, but ended up getting the Whites GM3 to update from my GM2, the GM3 is also pretty sought after, and don't come up for auction very often.

You got it ! Tesoro thought auto tracking was the go & stopped making the Diablo Umax in favour of the Lobo , what they should have realised is all auto tracking ( auto ground balancing ) detectors cancel out most weak signals thinking them mineralisation noise !!!
Imagine you get a very faint signal ' the first thing you do is start to wave your coil over where you think it was , the auto tracking cancels That out .

The Whites GM3 is the second most sort after VLF gold detector , another top performing unit ! congratulations on being lucky enough to get one .

I guess that's why they recommended to set tracking to fix as soon as a target is found. My xt17000 will cancel out the target to a degree if you keep swinging the coil over the target, but is probably more of an issue on small faint targets, or deep faint targets.

I still prefer manually ground balancing, it's pretty easy to do on the Goldmaster with some practice. I really wanted that GM3 for the adjustable SAT settings, the 2 boost settings, 10 turn threshold, and the ability to run higher gain without achieving overload on hot ground, something that the GM2 does from time to time. Much more adjustability over the Tesoro Lobos or Diablos. :)

Latest posts