Staying hydrated

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Best Drink i've found for hydration is called 'EXTEND' you can buy it online or in' Nutrition Warehouse'. It's brilliant stuff No Sugar and all the amino acids needed. I Swear by it in hot weather but drink it anyway. $100 for big tub (Approx) , check it out.

yeah i like iced water with a dash of salt and like disolved natuaral salt i find is best and agree streer clear of anything sugar in fact a dash of salt is better than any sweet stuff put in.

Another drink i find that you can get at a shop and maybe easier to prepare is the no sugar either the lucoade or the plain flavour hydrolight most chemists have these and its a little tablet put in chilled water.

Other then that room temp water with dash of sodium bi carb works a treat.

If you keep up the water then this is great the other drinks are for when you are really dihydrated.

At work we had a researcher who did his doctorite on heat stress give us a big insight into hydration it was great. He stipulated breakfast was important for the minerals etc and I asked him wich hydration drink actually worked. He said water with a bit of salt was the same as any commercial drink made basically. They fed concretors in Darwin who sweated profusely in the heat tiny pills that recorded core temperature in the gut and monitored many things and learned a lot.
He said different things worked for different people but keeping hydrated was very important. Apparently if you’ve ever had heat stress you’re more likely to be susceptible to it in the future. I’ve carried out a guy on a stretcher at work who later died in hospital from heat stress. Too much piss the nite before no Brekky and not enough water in searing heat. My go to is Sqwincher sachets, they are expensive but one or two a day in the tropics and I don’t cramp up. Unfortunately I’m a heavy sweater and forget to drink water frequently. Easily done when you’re focused!

Latest posts