something different

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bki

Reaction score
Have always had a imaginary bucketlist where panning for gold was on of the things just to do. ..have drive by miners den on Anderson street but never seem to walk in and browse...never done panning before and as I say it was really to tick it off and abit curious of what is out there. .where to go..and what I need to know. .lived and work in crns for bout 10yrs..quiet..always keep to myself so prefer not to be in anyways way..even if I do this once or twice I be happy with that...honestly I can get bored with things quickly. .so is the den the best place or the only place to browse in crns for starters. .?

G'day bki,

Welcome to Prospecting Australia. Research is a huge part of prospecting and you have found the right place for that as there is a wealth of information hereabouts.
If you have a local Prospectors shop than by all means drop in. Nothing better than talking to an actual human to get some good info.

Good luck

Cheers

Ramjet

Welcome bki, Miners Den stores are pretty good from what I've read & being local is the way to go if possible.
Check out a Garret super Sluice pan, just got one myself, I'm told they are the best pans to get so hopefully they will help me find a few specs.
Once you find some gold I think you will want to stick with it, not that I've found any with the detector yet but its a great hobby so you should enjoy it & getting out in the bush.

Gday bki,.... I been in there for a quick look when I was up there the other year(found it accidentaly as I drove past),... lots to see and the old fella was way friendly.
Welcome to the forum too. :)

BKI Welcome aboard to PA!
You are not doing yourself any favours by not even revealing where you are!!!
I flippantly browsed this post, and realised you are in Cairns..
I too, am in or around that region...
There are a great mob of people that meet once a month and organise outings etc..
You will need 10 contributary posts to the forum to get access to the members area on here,
but if you simply talk to George at the Miners Den, he will let you know when the next meet is on...

Latest posts