Silent reader - time to speak up :)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello every single users!

Happy to be there and reading very useful posts and info!
More than two years be a member but have had nothing to say yet.
Now it is time to introduce myself and share what was found.

My name is Ivan and first time tried to catch golden bug in 2009.
Drove to Barthust and Orange and didn't even find the area, but decided I should find it and try.
Second trip in few months was more successful and found Sofala, have god two pans and tried dirt but no luck.
That was time to start proper researching and investigate so google was my best friend those days...
In couple years there was chance to do another attempt... Found Cole's bridge and was able to see few specs!
That is it! I have felt it... the fewer :)

Since that I have started getting something every trip. Got Garret pan, one mate presented me sieve and showed basic places to check for gold.
Start building own sluice box, converted later to high banker with bilge pump...
Unfortunately cannot travel very often, usually 2-3 times a year and still under one gram mark.

Last weekend we traveled to Sapphire Bend and tried to dig for gems... Meet great people over there and of course met Tex!
He is very friendly and happy to help novice. Not found much sapphires, just small piece but found the quartz!
So have one more hobby to do :)

PS. Will post few photos later...

Welcome Ivan

Enjoyed your write up :cool: it brings back memories of some of my first trips up that way and having a yarn to Tex.

Looking forward to to hearing about your next adventure. : :p

Hey there Ivan, welcome to PA...I too spent years looking at the forum. This is a fantastic forum...the home of Australian Gold diggers on the web.:)
Looking forward to your pics mate.

Thank you very much for warm greetings!

As promised posting some photos...
The big result (I hope so) is quartz crystal I found in my first gem trip-
1454065181_imag6670_resize.jpg

It looks dull, is it possible to clean up or I should leave it as is?

The rest of "rocks" :)
1454065547_imag6674_exposure_resize.jpg

The needle is there for size reference :)

Hope next trip I would be able find more great gems for collection :)

Latest posts