Prospecting in the Peterborough and Dawson area, SA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience prospecting in the areas between Peterborough and Dawson, the Mid-North region of South Australia?

I'll camp there for a few days and try my GPX 4500. Besides having permission from the land-owner(s), which I have, are there any other things I need to keep in mind?

Cheers

Does anyone have experience prospecting in the areas between Peterborough and Dawson, the Mid-North region of South Australia?

I'll camp there for a few days and try my GPX 4500. Besides having permission from the land-owner(s), which I have, are there any other things I need to keep in mind?

Cheers
Hi Bontje,

To answer your first question Yes go onto the SARIG map go down to All Map Layers until you get to Mines and minerals- by commodity tick that and in that tick Gold and carry on down until you get to Mines and Mineral deposits - by activity tick that and just below that tick Occurrences , Prospects and All diggings and all should then be shown on the map Zoom in and see what is around your permission areas yes there is gold in the area and yes I have found some as has my mate who is a local.

Regards, Ian.

Hi Bontje,

To answer your first question Yes go onto the SARIG map go down to All Map Layers until you get to Mines and minerals- by commodity tick that and in that tick Gold and carry on down until you get to Mines and Mineral deposits - by activity tick that and just below that tick Occurrences , Prospects and All diggings and all should then be shown on the map Zoom in and see what is around your permission areas yes there is gold in the area and yes I have found some as has my mate who is a local.

Regards, Ian.
Thanks, Ian.

Latest posts