Please get your ducks in a line.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Well it's the only the start of the prospecting season in WA for all the East Coasters and I have already had people in this area come unprepared. :|

If you are going to get your 40E's then head out bush you would be best if you knew how to read a gps and map so that you can find your desired 40E location. Not all property owners and caretakers have the time to point you in the proper direction. Most are friendly and very helpfull but just remember that they also have their own jobs/work/hobbies to do.

A bit of courtesy to contact property owners and caretakers also goes a long way.

I had just stopped to help out some prospectors to point them in the right direction and another prospector just drove straight past in his own little world. "Just looking around." he said. :mad: No tengraph map or even Happy Prospector App. Pointed him in the right direction towards Meekathara.

Please do your research properly so that when you come over here to can catch up the property owners/caretakers you can show them exactly where you will be. They will most likely pass info unto you then of suitable camp sites and any other thing in the area that you may need to know.

This isn't meant to be a rant but just helpfull info for travelling prospectors so please just get your ducks in a line. :goldnugget: :goldpan: :pickshovel:

Cheers

Doug

Is there a link on how to contact property owners or caretakers? From a distant memory I think it was via landgate?

Gem in I said:
Is there a link on how to contact property owners or caretakers? From a distant memory I think it was via landgate?

Not sure Gem in I, I have always tried google, white pages or local directories. I gather property info would also be available through Tengraph when you submit your 40 E.

Cheers

Doug

Latest posts