Peter Mac Discovery Partner

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As a Peter Mac "Discovery Partner" (auto monthly donations) I watched their latest Webinar today titled: "Reflections on a decade of achievements in cancer research".
It was quite amazing what they're now capable of, and with on-going donations and govt grants, what they're now studying. They've helped hundreds of thousands of Australians recover or lead better/longer lives, and are sharing their technology throughout the world.
I really liked their videos of their robot surgeon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wal0q2juY94
and their "Gamma Knife":
https://www.petermac.org/gammaknife
They put all in layman's terms - which I need!
They're also doing great work on immunisation against some cancers (using genetic mapping etc) and men's prostate cancer - amongst hundreds of other research areas. Many of the best minds in the world!
Hoping more of our members will sign-up to be Discovery Partners :power:
Meanwhile, our Laanecoorie Gold Bash (called off in Vic for the past 2 years - due to pandemic) also strongly supports the Peter Mac research team - hopefully will be bigger than ever next year.
Will be great to see you all there again :Y:
Hopefully Patrick1 will again be on the committee again this year, and keep us all abreast of developments.

Thanks for posting that BW.... I have personally benefited from the Da Vinci robotic surgery to have a kidney tumour removed.
I have the 5 little incision scars as testament to this amazing technology.
This was back in 2014 and it was cutting edge at the time and not even covered by Medicare. I was out of pocket to the tune of 10k, but looking back it was totally worth the money to have minimally invasive surgery and a quick recovery.
When I was wheeled in to the operating theatre I thought I was kidnapped by aliens when I saw all the lights and strange robots and a console that looked like it belonged on the Starship Enterprise..... :lol: :argh: the meds were kicking in too.. :zzz:
A very worthwhile cause.. :Y:

Yes Pete, Peter Mac is an absolutely amazing group. They're making leaps and bounds in helping people with cancer. I love em!

The Laanecoorie Gold Bash is still scheduled again for next October. We've already stared some planning AND we are slightly ahead of the ball on donations from the past 2 cancelled events. Thanks to everyone that contributed.
No, I wasn't allowed to quit the Committee this year. The other Members voted that I had stay on though was hesitant.

OzzieAu said:
Thanks for posting that BW.... I have personally benefited from the Da Vinci robotic surgery to have a kidney tumour removed.
I have the 5 little incision scars as testament to this amazing technology.
This was back in 2014 and it was cutting edge at the time and not even covered by Medicare. I was out of pocket to the tune of 10k, but looking back it was totally worth the money to have minimally invasive surgery and a quick recovery.
When I was wheeled in to the operating theatre I thought I was kidnapped by aliens when I saw all the lights and strange robots and a console that looked like it belonged on the Starship Enterprise..... :lol: :argh: the meds were kicking in too.. :zzz:
A very worthwhile cause.. :Y:
Well said mate. They are incredible :clap:
We are closing into what starship Enterprise could do.

Latest posts