Perth Newbie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm 54 and a father of 5 young children, 4 boys and 1 girl. I'm hoping to be able to take my children, especially my 12 year old autistic son to the hills sometime to look for gems or quarts crystal etc. Take care.

Wazza you should see if you can get your kid interested in metal detecting.

Grab a cheap detector from Aldi when they are on special for about $100 or grab a second hand one off gumtree or market place.

The advantage over gem hunting is that generally there's somewhere to detect withing 5 minutes of home. Parks, vacant land and bits of bush land. Even if you're not finding coins there's often interesting bits of junk. He might get hooked on it.

Wazza you should see if you can get your kid interested in metal detecting.

Grab a cheap detector from Aldi when they are on special for about $100 or grab a second hand one off gumtree or market place.

The advantage over gem hunting is that generally there's somewhere to detect withing 5 minutes of home. Parks, vacant land and bits of bush land. Even if you're not finding coins there's often interesting bits of junk. He might get hooked on it.
That's a great idea Hilux, he would love that. He's only 12 but he said a year ago that he could make one. Thanks

Latest posts