newbie, fossicking at Hart's Ranges for Kyanite

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm newish to the forum, been reading all the great posts, but haven't had anything to post till now.
Late last year I joined the local Lapidary club & within 3weeks was chosen to learn to facet.
I have since bought a Gemmasta GFe3 I have also become a member of the Australian Facetors Guild. Thoroughly enjoy it, wish I had of found the club years ago. What an amazing fun hobby.
Thinking of heading out to the Hart's Ranges N.T. for my first field trip to look for a few different specimens and hopefully a few cutters of different gems.
Mainly unsure of what area to look for Kyanite, I don't want exact location as that would be half the fun lost but if possible approximate area. As it is a huge place out there for a girl, going on her own.
Got the 4wd, fridge/freezer, supplies of food and water, tent, tools etc. I can not wait, even if I don't find anything, the enjoyment of the travel, the outback, fresh air & I'm sure new friends along the way, will all be worth it. :pickshovel:

Entia Valley... When you find it on the surface, digging down you should find better quality... Beware of Private Leases ... There are a few around there... :koala:

The Harts Ranges is an area not to be taken lightly.... Every year the 'Locals' have to find some one who has gone missing. Sometimes with Tragic outcomes.. O:)

Believe me, it is NOT an area you want to go into alone or worse, get lost.... :skull:

Gemtree Caravan Park is a great place for a base and for meeting fellow Fossickers. They run field trips too.. But is a fair way from 'The Valley of Death'... ]:D

LW.....

Latest posts