new sdc report

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim, do not stuff around with your machine, it is good straight out the box. Go out and use it instead of worrying should i do this or fit that. Minelab have designed a good little vacuum cleaner and 99 out of 100 people using one do not change the coil, add this or that. And they get gold, and yes, lots and lots of junk. You will be no different. As wombat told you, buy it and use it as it came out the box.

Thanks Yellowmellow, good report. I'm a complete newbie and just bought an SDC myself. It certainly picks up tiny bits of lead, smaller than a grain of rice. Can't wait for my campervan to arrive so I can get out and about and make a genuine effort to find some gold.

yellowmellow said:
There is a function to easy switch coils too it but for me ill stay with the 8 inch and move up to the Coiltek extreme and get an expert to fit it.

Not sure what you meant by this fella can you give more info? I only ask as the V2 still has the same cover plate as V1, my guess is it would still need to be removed (and replaced) for this to work? Is that what you meant?

Gday

Sounds as though minelab have only just decided to add the accessory items that have been available for the sdc from aftermarket sources for some time, the detector itself from what I can see has had no other upgrade although I read a comment somewhere that it was made from lighter materials???, dont think so, reckon someone got that bit wrong.

Also what about the headphone socket is it the same dodgy one that craps itself for no reason at all,or have they actually changed it?, I read that the headphone cable had been lengthened also for people with normal length arms did they also put a normal plug on the cable as well, most users I know would not want to take the thing underwater and they dont come with waterproof headphones so that was a waste of time having the dodgy plug socket on it.

Someone said that minelab have been listening to users, but they must have selective hearing as the most people have been saying that they would prefer if the sdc was sold also as a more ergonomic detector along the lines of the gold monster with the same electronics, foldability is useful at times but for most people its of little use, also found it amusing that they brought the sdc out with c cell batteries and with a price tag over 4 grand yet the monster came out with rechargeable li ion batteries for a bit over a grand.??

The sdc is an awesome detector for small gold but I really think it could stand a facelift as far as the ergonomics goes, was hoping that minelab would one day correct that, one day when they actually listen to the people who support them and buy their machines they might make it an even better detector :p

cheers

stayyerAU

I dont understand why you compare the sdc to the monster Ive used both and choose the sdc over the monster but the monster is still a good machine I use the sdc all the time and it is awsome finds gold deals with hot ground go to machine and now Ive added the after market coils and its even better cheers Muk.

Latest posts