My New Detech.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought a new Detech Excelerator Pro EQ2 14x10 DD coil for the MXT All Pro, I was hoping for it just to cover more ground but it turns out it tests better than all my factory Coils when it comes to Depth except for the 15" MXT Max Concentric Coil,

It weighs only 878.32 grams with the Coil cover fitted where as the standard 10" DD weighs 870.99, So the 14x10 only weighs 7.33 grams heavier but for some reason the machine feels better balanced,

The crazy thing is that the 14x10 weighs 878.32g and yet the Whites 6x10 Eclipses weighs 927.98 grams with the coil cover fitted which means the 6x10 is 49.66 grams heavier and the new 950 x pattern coil weighs a Whopping 992.79 grams including the coil cover which is nothing more than a fugitive from weight watchers being 114.47 grams heavier than the 14x10.

The down side it they don't make this coil anymore and this one was old (New) stock, I was going to buy one back when I had my Sov GT but the dealer said they were crap, Funny That, :mad: But for it's intent and purpose it appears to be one of the best coils I have ever Tested for depth and DISC etc and the only other Coil that has impressed me is that little Whites 5.3 (6") Concentric with it's ability to see incredibly small targets, So I might be getting a few more yet. :D

John.

1473512796_detech_14x10_excelerator_pro_2.jpg

1473512835_detech_14x10.jpg

PhaseTech said:
That's one coil I want for my Sovereign

Nenad. please take no notice of the Figure about the weight in my first post because my Scales died, they were adding almost double the weight to the actual weight. The Coil is a Lot Lighter than in my first Post.

I just ordered a Spare for the MXT, The Guy I get them from has one for the Sovereign, and they cost 99.99, which is about $175.00 +/- c

They are all brand New and he posts them to me and they are here in 24 to 48 hours,

It only weighs 4.7 grams heavier than the standard 10" dd 2D coil including the cable and the plug and the Skid Plate, If you want one I can order it for you and I will post it to you,

The one for the MXT all up Weighs 675.8 grams or 23.838 oz and it just Glides across the ground even though it weights 4.7 grams heavier it actually feels lighter, It seems to reach right out there because was using it today and it was picking up my pick 5 feet away, I kept hearing this noise and I thought it was a sudden attack of EMI til I realized what was going on,, This is going to become my everyday Coil.

But if you want one let me know and I will sort it for you, Ok,

John.

Edit, I just see that Coiltek charge $240.00 AUD for the 12x8 Platypus, So this one is a Good Deal.

Well my second 14x10 turned up today and it is lighter than the first one and the original factory 10" DD because it has a different plug that is like to older all metal plugs,

Heres the weights.

Factory 10" DD 671.1
1st 14x10 DD 675.8
2nd 14x10 DD 659.2 So it is 12.9 grams lighter than the 10"DD and 16.6 grams lighter than the first 14x10.

Great Coils,

John.

Latest posts