Missing Prospectors & Other Persons NSW + ACT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was more than likely a goat or lamb crying out during the night. I camped at Coles Bridge about 5 weeks ago for the night and heard what at first I thought was a cry for help but soon realized that it was an animal.
The last report I saw on tv ,there was no report of a campsite being found or an unatended car.

Yeah not wrong about the goats Balmain Bob, tons of them around that place, especially with the dry that has been, they were right down by the river looking for pickings. If some poor bugger is out there I hope they find them as the nights are cold and wet right now. So much traffic passes over the bridge it would be hard to gather why someone might have gone walkabout and got lost unless they are injured or pinned.

Love Sofala can't wait to get there on the way home . Hopefully spend 1 or 2 weeks there . Jan/feb next yr

Dibs

On Monday 19th February 2024 the NSW SES Sofala team was activated to a landsearch in Wattle Flat. A person from overseas was visiting, went prospecting & then wasn't seen for many hours. A concerned friend called NSW Police Force who activated SES to assist. Thankfully the person was found without injury.

A good reminder, especially for overseas or inexperienced visitors, that you can still get lost, or run into other difficulties, even in bushland that is relatively close to populated areas.
Thankfully a good outcome & good job by the SES Sofala unit.

Latest posts