" Massive gold discovery in WA turning heads "

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
" The discovery of WAs biggest gold deposit in the last decade has put Gold Road Resources in the spotlight.
The companys Yamarna Belt has a current reported Mineral Resource of 5.1 MILLION OUNCES of gold, hosts a number of significant new discoveries and lies immediately north of the 7.9 million ounce Tropicana Gold Deposit.
Gold Road Resources managing director Ian Murray said the deposit is world-class.
A discovery like this is a world class discovery, it happens maybe once every ten years or maybe even longer than that. So any of the majors who arent looking at exploration any more would be looking at us, Murray said.
Murray said the mine, which would have a life of 13 years, should be operational by 2017.
He said the mine would target an all-in cash cost of between $1,000 and $1,100 an ounce.
Visiting the Gruyere project, WA Mines and Petroleum Minister Bill Marmion said the discovery was helped along by the State Government's Exploration Incentive Scheme (EIS).
"This exciting new EIS deep stratigraphic hole is going down 2,000 metres and could more than double the depth of known mineralisation, Marmion said.
"Co-funding for this drilling program was allocated in Round 10 of the EIS in December and is a prime example of how the scheme is helping drive discoveries and promote mining industry employment.
"The Gruyere deposit is particularly important because it is the first major gold find in what industry and EIS research indicates is a promising new mineral province, the Yamarna greenstone belt." "

wow.miningaustralia.com.au/news/massive-gold-discovery-in-wa-turning-heads

They better hope the AUD drops much lower or gold recovers as at that price to extract it's a very small profit margin. Gold is at $1099.50 USD

Awesome reserve of gold but not much good if it's non viable.

Not being a sad sack, I love gold. It's way under valued I reckon.

Guess it depends on whether they're basing costs on US or Aus, dollars for production costs. $1000 in Aus dollars would make for a profitable outcome.

WalnLiz said:
Guess it depends on whether they're basing costs on US or Aus, dollars for production costs. $1000 in Aus dollars would make for a profitable outcome.

For sure Wal I agree, especially if the aussie keeps going down but if gold keeps dropping like is has though it will be more of a great reserve for the furure. The 30 day and 200 day moving averages are not looking good for gold at the moment. Who knows where it will go though, could go either way.

Colmaca said:
all ASX company's have to make there announcements by law on the ASX web site. there finds grades not on a public forum sounds like someone trying to ramp up a share price.

47 Cents after there last

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20150624/pdf/42zcrgf2zpsbsd.pdf

I agree, sounds like classic pump and dump.

You see many announcements like these and many never eventuate.

I'm not saying it isn't true, just that you'd want to look at official statements and do more homework before putting serious cash in. If they're talking US dollars, the narrow profit margins mean I wouldn't expect a cash bonanza. Still, it could be a good gamble, if gambling is your thing.

Hard to say one way or another.

If gold starts floating under the 1k mark we might see some 'care and maintenance' kick in on a few operating gold mines, or at least some staff cut backs, as mines go deeper the grades need to improve to cover the increasing costs,
On another note I like the way WA promotes mining, leaps and bounds ahead of other states.

Latest posts