Lonely Graves NSW.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm on the cemeteries committee of the NSW National Trust.
Please anyone feel free to contact me about any remote graves you may come across in NSW. They might be known, but many are not or have too scrappy info. The National Trust records include quite a number with incomplete details based only on rumours, reported when someone was in the district. Aside from the records we often support local heritage interests with advice to assist conservation, and in their interplay with local councils and other authorities.

On a camping trip earlier this year to west NSW I gathered info of the headstone of a rare Iraqi Jewish burial in the 1890s at the cemetery near the copper mines at Mount Hope, partway between Hillston and Cobar, and photographed and logged details of a few burials at Trida property north of Willandra National Park grouped around a bore water tank. It's not prospecting but they definitely are real cultural treasures that expand on our knowledge of what people have been doing here over time amd place.

End of a late night whiskey rave on a long weekend.

[email protected]

Latest posts