LOL, Bondi rescue

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We just watched Bondi rescue.

Tonight a woman lost a white gold diamond ring, and there was a guy detecting on the beach.
I called Kato because the guy had a CTX 3030

He first found a 10c piece, the woman was disappointed, the next item he was swinging and Kato could hear the tones,
as he swung she just said "there it is, he found it, that's the tone he found the ring" :8
then he dug up the ring.
The woman was very happy.

My bloody kid knows her machine so well she can pick the tones of targets via TV, with someone else swinging !! :playful:

That is just WEIRD for a 14yr old girl, she needs to get a life.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Greenhornet_au said:
We just watched Bondi rescue.
Tonight a woman lost a white gold diamond ring, and there was a guy detecting on the beach.
I called Kato because the guy had a CTX 3030
He first found a 10c piece, the woman was disappointed, the next item he was swinging and Kato could hear the tones,
as he swung she just said "there it is, he found it, that's the tone he found the ring" :8
then he dug up the ring.
The woman was very happy.
My bloody kid knows her machine so well she can pick the tones of targets via TV, with someone else swinging !! :playful:
That is just WEIRD for a 14yr old girl, she needs to get a life.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
well done Kato :perfect:
she will have a life GH, off to Uni in a few short years for Audio/Acoustics/Electronics Engineering ;)

Kato has been inducted into an advanced STEM course thing with the Federal Govt funding it,
sounds good but she is unimpressed with what she feels is a feminist attitude going a bit overboard pushing women in STEM industries. (first day)
1 of only 10 in her school. Teachers nominating the students etc.

Well, I told her that YES it is biased to women, all the lecturers are women working in sciences and other STEM environments,
so yes they WANT to press the 'career path' a bit.

Kato has told me she is thinking to travel and be involved in journalism.

That may change several times between now and the end of her studies. :)

I did tell her about a girl I knew that studied electronic engineering and was one of the first females in SA to achieve that qualification.
(Her father was into Ham Radio, stunning girl and I sort of fancied her from the distance of her sister ;) )

Ah, youth and hormones, they can get you into trouble if you are not careful. :lol: :lol:

I will let you know how she gets on with her STEM thing in 10 weeks.

She did build a robotic arm in grade 4, from a kit without supervision, I was asleep on the lounge after a heavy Christmas lunch,
gave her basic instructions on parts referencing from the build manual and let her go to it.
Woke up and she had finished. It is programmable when linked to your PC or can used joystick controls
I then told her she had missed a few parts, she explained why I was wrong..... yes she was right, :/
Kato is my replacement Son. :Y: (LOL all my girls are !)

Latest posts